C64 Direct-to-tv Mini-console

mek

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just got a namco 5-in-1 mini-console (PAL) at Intertoys for only €29,99.

After hours of great retro gaming fun, I started searching for more of these mini-consoles and found some news about a C64 version.
It says the console should be available in the second half of 2004 and includes 30 games.

By now it's september, and I'm sure september is in the second half of the year. So where are they? Has anyone ever seen or even played one?

Found some new C64 logos made by Ironstone.

In line with Ironstone’s extensive plans for the Commodore 64 platform, which it recently licensed from Tulip Computers NV, the company today unveiled the new Commodore 64 and C-64 logos that will be used on all future Commodore 64 products.
I think/hope those 'products' are the mini-console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally found some answers. Commodore world says it will be available October 2004.

Specifications:
- 30 games installed.
- Connected simply to the users
- TV via RF cables
- Powered by 4 x AAA batteries
- PAL and NTSC compatible.
- 320 x 240 pixel resolution running in full screen mode on TV.

Commodore International B.V. wants to make some more money on the C64. Xea, a investment company writes:

Diverse klassieke C64 retrogames zullen verkrijgbaar zijn via de CommodoreWorld website. De games worden legaal, met toestemming van de auteurs of licentiehouders aangeboden. Het aanbod hiervan zal de komende maanden aanzienlijk worden uitgebreid. Commodore brengt emulators op de markt voor pc’s, pocket pc’s en mobiele telefoons waardoor ook mobile gaming mogelijk wordt. De games zullen naar verwachting vanaf 1 augustus beschikbaar zijn.
In english it says:

Numerous classic C64 retrogames will be available on the CommodoreWorld website. These games are legal and offered with permission of their owners. The next couple of months the number of games offered will be greatly increased. Commodore will sell emulators for PC, Pocket PC and cellphones which makes mobile gaming possible. Games will be available 01-08-2004.

mek posted on Sep 6 2004 at 02:36 PM said:
Just got a namco 5-in-1 mini-console (PAL) at Intertoys for only €29,99.

After hours of great retro gaming fun, I started searching for more of these mini-consoles and found some news about a C64 version.
It says the console should be available in the second half of 2004 and includes 30 games.

By now it's september, and I'm sure september is in the second half of the year. So where are they? Has anyone ever seen or even played one?

what namco system is that?

I really wanna play bosconian on gp32. its just so darn addictive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big fan of the TV games personally. They seem to have been a worldwide smash hit lately, but us Brit's have had the 'TV Boy' (About 130 renamed Atari 2600 games) for about 7 or 8 years I believe.

Back