Neogeo: Dumpgfx Windows

Ferretboy

Still Fresh
Any idea how to use this there is no readme included i tried putting the neo game in same folder and clicking the app but a black screen pops up for less then 1 second and nothing happens, any help i'd be thankful

:)

Ferretboy said:
Any idea how to use this there is no readme included i tried putting the neo game in same folder and clicking the app but a black screen pops up for less then 1 second and nothing happens, any help i'd be thankful

Gonna take a shot in the dark hear but you probably need a neo geo bios file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Console_Master said:
Ferretboy said:

Gonna take a shot in the dark hear but you probably need a neo geo bios file.

thank i thought so i tried a zipped and unzippe done no luck tho :(

The dumpgfx program is an application that runs through a DOS prompt. If you're in windows go to "run" then type in cmd. This will pop up the dos prompt window. then you need to navigate in dos to the directory that has the dumpgfx application. Once you are in that directory you need to then type (without quotes) "dumpgfx aof3.zip" if you are trying to dump the graphics to Art of Fighting 3. It will then make a gfx file in the dumpgfx folder. Also before you start make sure all the roms you want to dump are in the same folder the application is in. I hope this helps.

geise69 said:
The dumpgfx program is an application that runs through a DOS prompt. If you're in windows go to "run" then type in cmd. This will pop up the dos prompt window. then you need to navigate in dos to the directory that has the dumpgfx application. Once you are in that directory you need to then type (without quotes) "dumpgfx aof3.zip" if you are trying to dump the graphics to Art of Fighting 3. It will then make a gfx file in the dumpgfx folder. Also before you start make sure all the roms you want to dump are in the same folder the application is in. I hope this helps.
works perfect, thank yous oo much :)

I went to cmd and did what u said but it says couldn't load ganryu.zip why is that.

I would also suggest final burn for neo geo, as for romsets try and find all the different sets before giving up, a lot of the sets are sometimes listed under mame roms.

Back