Anyone Have Some Help For A Newbie Like Me? Games Won't Load!

I STILL cannot get alexkid to work... I have been at it since launch... I got the latest alexkid, and all the ROMS in the ROM folder, clicked on the non _.gpe file and the ROM's will not show up in the folder list on the emul program. Back in the day I even made a topic here and people simply said "I got it work"... Well that does not help others who are apparently missing something I.E, me... Can someone step by steop tell me?

HeWhoCorrupts said:
I STILL cannot get alexkid to work... I have been at it since launch... I got the latest alexkid, and all the ROMS in the ROM folder, clicked on the non _.gpe file and the ROM's will not show up in the folder list on the emul program. Back in the day I even made a topic here and people simply said "I got it work"... Well that does not help others who are apparently missing something I.E, me... Can someone step by steop tell me?

(follow dogeymon's post at the top of page 2, then...)

after opening AlexKidd2X v0[1].6 (or whatever your version is), click on the alexkidd2x.gpe file NOT the ._alexkidd2x.gpe. after it loads, select which rom you would like (either gamegear or seag master system). if you accidentally hit the <...> just exit and reload the emulator. make sure not to click on ones that have the .sms and .gg (click on the converted ones at the bottom of the list. after selecting the game you want, make sure to press the select button to select the game (the start/menu button returns you to the main menu)).

Does this help at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ROM's do not show up whatsoever. The folders show up, but no files. I have tried them zipped, unzipped, in folders, out in the open. I have tried many ROM's from various sources and no dice. I do no get it. Even just got the file again, and the menu shows up and everything.

**** I got psx4all to work, CPS-2, neogeoCD... I mean COME ON! How is "this" hard.

HeWhoCorrupts said:
The ROM's do not show up whatsoever. The folders show up, but no files. I have tried them zipped, unzipped, in folders, out in the open. I have tried many ROM's from various sources and no dice. I do no get it. Even just got the file again, and the menu shows up and everything.

**** I got psx4all to work, CPS-2, neogeoCD... I mean COME ON! How is "this" hard.

I don't know how to help you then (I'm not very adept with the formulating emulators). Try emailing dogeymon. How did you get CPS-2 and neogeoCD to work? (what emulators did you use)?

HeWhoCorrupts said:
I used the ones from the archive and then got the appropriate BIOS for the NeoGeo/CD... And the tool to build the roms for CPS-2 was in the folder for the emulation program.

do you perchance have the links to these?

aesir911 said:
Does this system not have any built in emulators?

Wiz doesn't play non-wiz games out of the box. The Wiz CAN play snes/etc..., but you've got to go dig up an app that will, AND you have to configure it, AND you have to find BIOS, AND you have to find games.

You can do it but it translates to time using/learning/downloading...

spycloud said:
aesir911 said:
Does this system not have any built in emulators?

Wiz doesn't play non-wiz games out of the box. The Wiz CAN play snes/etc..., but you've got to go dig up an app that will, AND you have to configure it, AND you have to find BIOS, AND you have to find games.

You can do it but it translates to time using/learning/downloading...

Thanks, but we've been over that buddy... :D

Back