Neogeo Emulator Difficulties

kart_racer3

Still Fresh
I was hoping someone could help me resolve difficulties I'm having with the NeoGeo emulator GnGeo. The emulator runs fine at first, taking me to the mainscreen. I select the game I want to play from the mainscreen (it's listed in green). My roms are in a .zip format in the "roms" folder. At the bottom of the screen it states "patching mmu...ok!". I then get the message "bad roms! unknown or unsupported romset. check it and your romrc". Any idea what could be causing this error or how I can resolve it? Thanks!

Edit: Thought it might be best to start fresh, re-install everything on my Wiz. So, now whenever I attempt to load a NeoGeo rom, GnGeo goes to a black screen and freezes, forcing me to manually restart my Wiz.

Hello.

I've encountered this problem before, and I know with past experience from Neo-Geo emulation on the computer that the ROM dump matters. Some dumps work for Mame and such.

What I'd do is try different ROM dumps. If some games work and some don't, that's an indication that you're on the right path.

Hope that helps.

Back