Need Repairs or Upgrade? Here's What to do (and not to do)!

We'll have nubs, LCDs and touchscreens soon back in stock in the shop as well :)

Does this mean i can Send my Pandora away to be fixed if i can find RMA sheet? As others have said theres no functional problem with the nubs but i'm getting paranoid about using them in case the cracking gets worse and it then becomes a problem

You can find all available repairs and their respective costs here for out-of-warranty repair: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/106-repairs-after-warranty-time

I'm not sure what the official warranty period was for the Pandora, and I didn't notice when ED stopped selling even partially broken Pandoras on his site, so can't say whether there are still Pandoras in the wild in warranty, and thus entitled to use the RMA sheet to initiate a repair. So I'm not sure how important it is that this information seems to have gone down. How long ago did you order your Pandora?

As a reminder, I still do repairs in Paris.
I have a small set of part, and I can fix common problems like broken LCD cables or cracked cases.

You can find all available repairs and their respective costs here for out-of-warranty repair: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/106-repairs-after-warranty-time

I'm not sure what the official warranty period was for the Pandora, and I didn't notice when ED stopped selling even partially broken Pandoras on his site, so can't say whether there are still Pandoras in the wild in warranty, and thus entitled to use the RMA sheet to initiate a repair. So I'm not sure how important it is that this information seems to have gone down. How long ago did you order your Pandora?
My problem is I don't know exactly what the problem is. It might be something wrong with my power switch, or could be something else causing my keyboard to lock up. I had someone else work on it recently, and they had to use a bypass wire to fix the switch, so that may have caused a new problem, but I can't say for certain.

Here you told me to send it in with an RMA sheet anyway (and no-one has disagreed yet). Though I never actually got around to it and still have the non-working Pandora here, so I can't confirm what would happen if I did ;)

http://web.archive.org/web/20151004072601/http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=924
http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, that just confuses me even more. The article says they'll just do it, but then there's repair vouchers you can buy on the shop, so I don't know which I should listen to, especially given that the article is only on a web archive and the original site is down, so it may not even be a valid offer anymore.

Would it be acceptable to send it in with the RMA, and if there's a repair cost, just tell us which option to buy before sending it back?

If you know what the problem is, and it matches one of the repairs in the shop, then buy the repair in the shop before sending the Pandora (this way is the least work for everyone).

If you know what the problem is, and it's not in the shop, I think it would make sense to contact ED and ask if it can be repaired and how much this costs, and maybe pay in advance too.

I don't have much idea how things work if you don't know what the problem is. One would need to pay after the problem has been confirmed, anyway.

Here you told me to send it in with an RMA sheet anyway (and no-one has disagreed yet). Though I never actually got around to it and still have the non-working Pandora here, so I can't confirm what would happen if I did ;)
Hah, that's true. I don't think I'd spotted ED selling repairs on the shop then, which I guess has changed when I think ED will handle via RMA.

Can you describe your problem?

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

My power switch had been broken recently, and a friend of mine gave me a quick fix by patching it with a wire, but apparently, there's a soldering issue in there, because now when I type with the left side of the keyboard, I risk something inside getting tripped and causing the keyboard to lock as though I'd pressed the switch to the left. The D-pad, nubs, face and shoulder buttons don't seem to cause any issues. At least I think that's what's going on, but I can't confirm, and I didn't see any repair options even similar to that.

[EDIT]
Also, flicking the switch right to make it sleep and waking it up unlocks it, so that makes me believe there is still a problem with the switch.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like you know what's wrong (improperly fixed), the only way we can try to fix it is if you send it to us... So what exacltly is your question?

Well, it sounds like you know what's wrong (improperly fixed), the only way we can try to fix it is if you send it to us... So what exacltly is your question?

The issue that I can't even confirm that I have doesn't appear on the shop's list of repair options, so what do I do?

Yep, exactly :) Use the RMA form and send it to us. Only common repairs are listed in the shop.

Recently been having issues with my (1Ghz) Pandora's screen, its fine when it boots up displays colours normally, when i close the screen for any reason and re-open the screen displays a rainbow of colours in place of the normal colours on screen.

Seems to me this is probably an LCD cable issue, (had purple screen in the past and got it repaired through RMA) tried reflashing just to be sure and the problem persists. What would be the best thing to do? My current work around is to have the unit turn off when the screen is closed but i'm assuming such an issue will only get worse.

Is the repair still open btw? Just recently found my pandora rebirth (1Ghz) as failed -- first of all the backlight failed and not too long afterwards it will not even power on, no LEDs nothing x.x . I tried the battery from an older (and still working) pandora and still nothing. Also tried the pandora power supply, still nothing.

Given it is such a long time since it was made and the fact it won't power up *at all* maybe it's time for the bin?

ljones

Plug the adapter in, and wait.
It may take hours before the battery reach a sufficient level to be able to boot the device.

Back