1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need Repairs or Upgrade? Here's What to do (and not to do)!

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by ekianjo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ljones

ljones Member

I would do but I did try another battery which has a charge but it didn't work. It seems to be completely lifeless, there's no lights coming on not even a charging LED.

2. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

Clean up the contacts, put the battery without cover and move it to try to make a good contact.

The 1GHz is not the Rebirth BTW.

3. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

The sticker underneath the battery on my Pandora disagrees I think - it's a rebirth sticker with a 1GHz sticker stuck on a corner, which would suggest it's a rebirth 1GHz unit. But yeah, in the parlance we've developed here devices are either classic Pandoras (Made by CC, 256GB RAM, 600MHz CPU) or rebirth (Made by GC, 512MB RAM, 600MHz CPU) or 1GHz (Made by GC, 512MB RAM, 1GHz CPU).

4. trix

trix Very Active Member

Wait, my classic Pandora has 256GB of RAM!? Wow, I should stop bothering with swap!

On topic, my classic unit is also in need of repairs :(. My microphone doesn't work, the charging port doesn't work, the mini USB port cuts out at the slightest wiggle, the unit reboots with the smallest of bumping or shaking or moving around, the battery maxes out at like 80% capacity, the sound crackles if you so much as touch the volume wheel, and the case has a bunch of cracks and a giant hole in the battery cover. I've been meaning to send it in but I can't go without it, even in its current condition I use it every day.

There's no option in the dragonbox shop for most of these issues. I assume I should just send it in with a note describing all the problems and ask EvilDragon to just fix what he can and bill me the total cost?

levi likes this.
  5. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

(in my defence, where I grew up we all had KB [or kB, according to some] and we were content, so these new fangled Ms and Gs confuse an old sort like me. And some of the stuff I buy these days even has multiple Ts of stuff)

Yes, send it to ED. I'd suggest omitting the battery to avoid customs weirdness - ED has batteries, and I suspect that's not bad if it'll charge to a reported 80%. If bumping the unit causes reboots I'd suggest packing the battery compartment with little wads of paper like I've done - I'm currently rocking four or five little wads I think, and it's mostly stable now although a three foot drop onto carpet will still cause it to reboot. But you're other issues especially difficulty getting a charge onto the board are worth getting an RMA for.

6. Abanest

Abanest Member

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get my Pandora fixed as it seems the LCD cable has shat itself. It initially started as a pink/purple haze, then started flickering for a period of time when booting up. Now the screen just doesn't come on at all. I noticed there was no LCD cable repair option on the DragonBox Pandora repair section.

It will be an after warranty repair. Who do I throw money at to get the rebirth of my Rebirth?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

He finished them, but seems like he will get more soon

8. frostfall

frostfall Member

I am also plagued by a bad LCD cable. I still have a picture on the screen, but the pandora is barely usable with lots of non wanted green lines and bad colors.

I hope he will have them soon ^^

9. snusmu

snusmu Still Fresh

one more person who needs lcd replacement here. does anyone know when/whether will they be back in stock?

10. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

Are already there, in "Spare Parts / Repairs" -> "Pandora-Repairs"
    https://www.dragonbox.de/en/106-pandora-repairs

I suppose that these will finish pretty fast

EDIT: wait, already out of stock... seems like I was lucky enough to get the last ones :happy: