1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need Repairs or Upgrade? Here's What to do (and not to do)!

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by ekianjo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Monkfish

Monkfish Active Member

Does this mean i can Send my Pandora away to be fixed if i can find RMA sheet? As others have said theres no functional problem with the nubs but i'm getting paranoid about using them in case the cracking gets worse and it then becomes a problem

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

The link to the article is down. Is this still going? And if so, what do repairs/upgrades cost?

3. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

You can find all available repairs and their respective costs here for out-of-warranty repair: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/106-repairs-after-warranty-time

I'm not sure what the official warranty period was for the Pandora, and I didn't notice when ED stopped selling even partially broken Pandoras on his site, so can't say whether there are still Pandoras in the wild in warranty, and thus entitled to use the RMA sheet to initiate a repair. So I'm not sure how important it is that this information seems to have gone down. How long ago did you order your Pandora?

4. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Advanced Member

As a reminder, I still do repairs in Paris.
    I have a small set of part, and I can fix common problems like broken LCD cables or cracked cases.

Citizen_Lurker likes this.
  5. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

My problem is I don't know exactly what the problem is. It might be something wrong with my power switch, or could be something else causing my keyboard to lock up. I had someone else work on it recently, and they had to use a bypass wire to fix the switch, so that may have caused a new problem, but I can't say for certain.

6. HelenF

HelenF Member

Here you told me to send it in with an RMA sheet anyway (and no-one has disagreed yet). Though I never actually got around to it and still have the non-working Pandora here, so I can't confirm what would happen if I did ;)

http://web.archive.org/web/20151004072601/http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=924
    http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  7. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

Yeah, that just confuses me even more. The article says they'll just do it, but then there's repair vouchers you can buy on the shop, so I don't know which I should listen to, especially given that the article is only on a web archive and the original site is down, so it may not even be a valid offer anymore.

Would it be acceptable to send it in with the RMA, and if there's a repair cost, just tell us which option to buy before sending it back?

8. HelenF

HelenF Member

If you know what the problem is, and it matches one of the repairs in the shop, then buy the repair in the shop before sending the Pandora (this way is the least work for everyone).

If you know what the problem is, and it's not in the shop, I think it would make sense to contact ED and ask if it can be repaired and how much this costs, and maybe pay in advance too.

I don't have much idea how things work if you don't know what the problem is. One would need to pay after the problem has been confirmed, anyway.

9. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Hah, that's true. I don't think I'd spotted ED selling repairs on the shop then, which I guess has changed when I think ED will handle via RMA.

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

11. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Can you describe your problem?

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Tenka likes this.
  12. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

My power switch had been broken recently, and a friend of mine gave me a quick fix by patching it with a wire, but apparently, there's a soldering issue in there, because now when I type with the left side of the keyboard, I risk something inside getting tripped and causing the keyboard to lock as though I'd pressed the switch to the left. The D-pad, nubs, face and shoulder buttons don't seem to cause any issues. At least I think that's what's going on, but I can't confirm, and I didn't see any repair options even similar to that.

[EDIT]
    Also, flicking the switch right to make it sleep and waking it up unlocks it, so that makes me believe there is still a problem with the switch.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  13. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

It's been over three weeks now. I even opened a ticket and emailed support. What should I do?

14. EvilDragon

Well, it sounds like you know what's wrong (improperly fixed), the only way we can try to fix it is if you send it to us... So what exacltly is your question?

15. Kelvin

Kelvin Pixel Mercenary

The issue that I can't even confirm that I have doesn't appear on the shop's list of repair options, so what do I do?

16. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Moderator Staff Member

Just send it to him.

17. EvilDragon

Yep, exactly :) Use the RMA form and send it to us. Only common repairs are listed in the shop.