1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Need Repairs or Upgrade? Here's What to do (and not to do)!

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by ekianjo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Please refer to this article on Pandoralive, written by Askarus (responsible for most repairs and upgrades in the DragonBox Shop):

Could be a good idea to pin this topic in the Support section :) But I leave it up to Moderators.

[​IMG]

Continue reading... ->

Tags:
  2. rand

rand Member

"Error establishing a database connection"

3. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Back online, sorry for the inconvenience!

4. Askarus

Askarus Advanced Member

Good to have it here.

Please pin.

5. moxie

moxie The voice of reason, sense and exasperation Staff Member

Pinned. 

6. ohoho

ohoho Still Fresh

Nice article! Sent my unit in a few weeks ago (hopefully will hear something soon),  I might have made mistake no. 9 (lots of bubble wrap and tape ahem)..

7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Anyone who saw the last episode of Dispatches on Channel 4 UK might question the request for not too much packaging, to be honest. At the very least, avoid shipping your Pandora using UKMail.

8. foxblock

foxblock Asleep

So the currently preferred procedure is to fill out the RMA sheet and just send it in? (No prior e-mail or whatever required/needed/wanted)? (I am confused because usually you need to contact the seller first, see Amazon for example)

This article lacks a simple answer to that question. The respective paragraph seems to end prematurely at "It’s a PDF with reserved space to write into.", without information on what to do next or WHERE to send the Pandora. You can find that information easily, but imo if you have such an article it's better to have ALL information in it and in one place.

Additionally you can feel the writer's frustration dripping out of the article. Maybe it's some tongue-in-cheek style I don't get (you know sarcasm in text form and that stuff), but I feel like it's written overly hostile and not very pleasant to read.

Still it contains a lot of useful information, so thanks for that. It's good to have some kind of guide on this matter, repairs only take as long as they have to and ED or Askarus don't have to hunt down missing information (unlike us - so please add the stuff I mentioned above ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  9. Askarus

Askarus Advanced Member

Good point.

I forgot to add the address.

10. ekianjo

ekianjo Hardcore Member

Please update the doc :)

11. Askarus

Askarus Advanced Member

Weekend.

12. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Advanced Member

OK, so I'm in the USA. Does that mean I send mine to Link? That's who I bought it from and the left nub is breaking and so's the LCD cable. Also the paint is chipping like crazy.

13. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

The headline should be upgrade or fixing - service. I expected to find diy help.

"Your Pandora is intended to break. Let me be clear: all modern devices are designed to last only as long as the warranty."  This isnt true.

The chamfering on the display cable for example isnt its intended use, nor is it the upgraded part.

Most of the parts dont break.

Telling people how to handle their units or how you want the bugreports, rather than calling mistakes moronic, would be preferable.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  14. Silent-Hunter

I hope someone knows, because Link hasn't responded to my email yet, and I think the warranty is going to run out soon.

15. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

If you can solder and are handy you could order them from ED and do it yourself.

16. Silent-Hunter

I'm afraid I'd break something else. I'm OK at soldering, but I'm not that good.

17. Monkfish

Monkfish Active Member

I noticed that the housing around my analogue nubs has begun to crack, i dont mean the Pandora case itself, just the black area beneath the nubs. Is there anything that can be done about this?

18. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

My left nub is cracked similarly, but it hasn't affected its operation so far as far as I've noticed. I've seen photos where a while chunk has flaked off, but I'm not sure if even that caused any real problems.

19. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Advanced Member

Same at 1GHz right pad. Function is ok.

20. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

We'll have nubs, LCDs and touchscreens soon back in stock in the shop as well :)

comradekingu and levi like this.