Need Info From One Of The Forum Moderators

second exodous

Advanced Member
I have a question regarding linking my avatar from your forum to another form. I use this avatar on all the forums I post on but some don't allow users to upload an avatar like your site. Benhecks forum for example, but I can right click on my avatar on your forum and view image, giving me the address of my avatar on your forum. Anyway, the Benheck forum allows a link to the avatar, so I just pasted the link from your forum in there and it worked. I have this avatar in a few places but can't link from them for some reason, like the Gentoo forum.

So anyway, can I link off of you? If I can't I already got rid of the link so if you find out any other way you don't get mad and ban me, I wouldn't want that.

Thanx,
Stan

No matter what you do, it's still taking bandwidth from this site to show images elsewhere. It's up to Hando whether he'd let this happen rather than us mods, as it's his pocket that the site is funded from.

Personally, I dont think its a good idea, and it'd probably be better to host it somewhere else, for example, you own free space you get with your ISP, or somewhere like imageshack (I think that'd work).

Imageshack wouldn't mind? How reliable are they, err, how long do you think they'll leave it up? Yeah, I didn't want t take up bandwidth from this forum if they didn't want me to, that's why I asked.

Thanx,
Stan

IMageshack is perfect for hosting avatar. Just upload it and forget. There are some rules but they not so important actually. The can delete your image but only after 6 month of inactivity.
About uploading avatar. To do upload you need to be at least memeber of GP32 Hardcore group (you'll be auto promoted after about 200 post).

Back