Delete this Forum...All of it

Soulkiller

Just as a tumor will slowly grow and use up all of your resources, so will this forum.

Who cares if we lose the (useless) posts so far. Cut off the thumb and save the body!

From what I've seen so far the increase in newbies has created a flood of new types of posts and "cultures" to our community and with hastily appointed Moderators... this site has turned into a bastard child.

I realize this would come but I say we start over back in gp32x with a CENTRALIZED community.

I </3 this forum.
I <3 gp32x.de

I loved the maturity of gp32x.demunity... I just fear that Pandora will turn this into another psp community...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, man, I've learned lots of valuable things from the new members here. For example, I never knew that an eeePC couldn't run xbox360 games! <_<

So your solution is to steer all this pleasantness over to gp32x? Nice plan. :wacko:

Given how many users Pandora will have, it would be nicer to have the gross amount of 'Can it play X?' and 'When are coloured faceplates coming?' on a separate, dedicated forum. Imagine clicking View New Posts on gp32x and having all the intelligent threads buried under things like that.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but if you don't like the people here, wouldn't you rather keep them off of gp32x?

Obviously the members of this forums are future pandora owners. If you delete this forum, they'll go to gp32x

I for one think the interface of this forum is very nice, also I couldn't register on the other because I have an "@hotmail.com" e-mail and whether it's here or the other one, the topics you despite will most likely happen on gp32x.de has the product gets more and more recognition.

Just like I wouldn't bash someone that wants to develop a program that sounds to me absolutely pointless, I don't see a reason to bash someone because they ask a question that his obviously just as pointless. Nobody asks you to pay attention and be the nanny to those person who may seek knowledge (when they lack plenty at least when it comes to Pandora) or attention (because sometime, it is just to piss people off).

*Edit*

And btw, I was on the gp32x.de everyday reading the new topics I just wouldn't post as I couldn't but I recall seeing those topics that you dislike as well on the old forum. Not as much I'll agree but Pandora was not where it is right now, and it's going to get worst so attach your seatbelt buddy! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the worst has passed. There will always be dumb threads, but I don't think there will be another influx like this until the next big round of media hype.

I think Soulkiller's point is that the "old guard" mods on gp32x might have navigated the storm a little better? That's not necessarily my view; I'm just glad a bunch of peeps jumped in to help out.

I must admit though, the combination of all new forum + many new members + mostly new mods = ingredients for a very different community.

Here's my idea for what should happen. Ignore at your leisure.
-Have Hando structure the gp32x Pandora forums like these ones.
-Close these forums, and ship everyone back to gp32x.
-On this site, strip out all non-Pandora subforums. Open up the Pandora forums again, with content mirrored from gp32x. (I realise this isn't a trivial task.)

That way the community stays centralised, but OpenPandora Ltd still has its own official forums (or the appearance of, anyway).

PoisonedV said:
Hey, man, I've learned lots of valuable things from the new members here. For example, I never knew that an eeePC couldn't run xbox360 games! <_<
You might be laughing on the other side of your face when someone re-emerges with an upgraded Pandora running Soul Caliber 4 and Halo on 3... No! 4 SLi GeForce GTX 299s, probably with a perpetual motion battery.

These forums are much funnier than gp32x.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Apparently it's too much to ask new members / future Pandora owners to start with the FAQ or the stickies, but at least they can start here instead of on GP32X.

Think of these forums as training wheels.

Chip said:
Everybody has to start somewhere. Apparently it's too much to ask new members / future Pandora owners to start with the FAQ or the stickies, but at least they can start here instead of on GP32X.

Meh, As how the other guy said, the media hype is over now, and the explosion of stupid and uninformed redundant questions is over. I doubt that we will keep getting many of these questions

Aw, I like this forum; true there's been many stupid (often illiterate) posts from n00bs, but what the hey, it's a forum, it's part of how we live.
N00bs will always come on, ask questions, a higher up member will indirectly flame them with hilarious sarcasm and dry humor, someone talks a bout how we were all n00bs once, then answer the n00bs question (despite how daft it may be).

I don't mind it, and besides, as said, the media hype flood of questions will stop soon, and we will have our usual everyday n00bs who don't get humorous sarcasm.

:)

Monkeyo said:
True.

Chip said:

Oh, how every body spent happy hours pointlessly pointing to the FAQ and stickies.

I've changed my mind. Please keep these training wheels.

Funny thing is, even with GP32X back up craigix is posting things like the paypal problem here and not at GP32X. Significant?

TaG said:
Monkeyo said:
True.

Chip said:

Oh, how every body spent happy hours pointlessly pointing to the FAQ and stickies.

I've changed my mind. Please keep these training wheels.

Funny thing is, even with GP32X back up craigix is posting things like the paypal problem here and not at GP32X. Significant?
Well it got over there fairly quickly, and right now there's more activity on these boards

True it got there quickly, but there was no info there, just one post, so I posted a link back to this forum.

Even when GP32X has been back up craigix has been posting here. And if the leader of the gang is here, so will be the gang, sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. Hey, if this is the new home, so be it. Just wondering why everything is still happening here rather than there. We're already seeing topics posted on both forums. People are already having to decide where to spend their time.

Kyosys - if you visit there, you're not moderating here. Same in reverse for Chip (eg).

As an aside, new users become knowledgable - when do they 'graduate' ? Or do they stay here because they like it? Whatever, it's called a split.

Until GP32X is switched over to the new, more robust servers, it is prone to slowdowns and crashing. I suspect that most of the official announcements are being made here for that reason. Craig and ED have been reading and posting to both, as have I.

I may have declined mod status on this board (there are already more than enough moderators), but that doesn't mean I can't be useful here. I still read every post and respond to every question for which I have an answer. I did (and still do) the same on GP32X long before I was promoted.

The main reason I'm spending all my time here is that it's the only one I can access at work. They let all manner of productivity killing sites through, but not gp32x!

Don't get me wrong, I love the new forums. I just don't want to see a split community. No one is going to sign up here and then move on to gp32x when they're no longer a noob. They'll settle in here and never know/care about the rest of the scene, where Pandora has come from.

On the other hand, with two sites running, it now takes me twice as long (actually probably more with all the sub-forums here) to establish that no new Pandora information has been revealed.

And each check of the forums kills a bit more of the time before we receive our Pandoras!

So perhaps we should in fact split the community further still, with another five seperate forums, so I can spend all my time hunting down every last piece of Pandora trivia.

PoisonedV said:

That's not all: it can't run a PS2 emulator either - they've tried it!

It's this sort of pioneering spirit we should all be looking up to. Or something.

Code:
                         _        
                        //       /|
                _______//_______/ |
             /____________________|       <---Point
                       \\
                        \\
                      _____
                    /  ^  ^ \
                   C|    >   |      <--- You       
                    \ _  - _/
                       |  |

I do not care if the new crowd comes to gp32x. I do not want to be an elitist. I already said that I knew this was going to come eventually whether the forum split or not. I just think its A TERRIBLE idea to have this split community timed with the surge of newcomers AND volunteer moderators... this place is doomed.

If I really wanted to be an elitist I would say we keep both forums and then put gp32x on an invite only registration. Let this be the cesspool of wannabes and let the adults get some work done ^.^ ...seriously though can we do that?

Right now I'm more worried about community fragmentation. If it needs to come down to it, kill off the gp32x-Pandora forum and keep this one. Just don't leave both active!

Back