Release ncmpcpp4P

remogatto

Still Fresh
Hi all,

so my panda arrived and it's indeed a wonderful device! Just one word: perfect!

This is my first contribute to the pandora community and my first experiment with the pnd system: an ncmpcpp port for the pandora. The port is hosted on github. You can download the pnd from here. The pnd is shipped together with an mpd server in order to make a stand-alone music player.

I'll look forward for your feedback! Enjoy!

Andrea

Hi

Can't test here (as don't have my Pandora yet) but i wanna say a big thank you for this.

And nice avatar (grande Santoro) ;)

how do you browse for a file? i pressed 3 but just get blank scree with / at top? can't seem to select root directory?

thanks

Hi,

have you populated the appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/music/ folder with your music collection? The player searches for files in that folder by default.

EDIT: typo =8-O

Last edited by a moderator:
He, awesome.

With Lynx2, Mutt and ncmpcpp4P, we now have official Geek-Tools :D

I've packaged a new version (0.5.7.1). Now it's possible to fully configure the client (keys, colors, etc.) editing the files below:

• appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/.ncmpcpp/config
  • appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/.ncmpcpp/keys

You can download it from here. Also, don't forget to take a look here and here to keep you updated about new releases and changes in the code.

I'll look forward for your feedback! Thanks.

how do you browse for a file? i pressed 3 but just get blank scree with / at top? can't seem to select root directory?

thanks

Hi,

have you populated the appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/music/ folder with your music collection? The player searches for files in that folder by default.

EDIT: typo =8-O

i would prefer to keep my music in existing folders and not in pandora folder is ther anyway to set path in ncurses to do this?

edit

ah the latest pnd you can ste path in conf file

cheers!

i would prefer to keep my music in existing folders and not in pandora folder is ther anyway to set path in ncurses to do this?

Edit the music_directory key in /pandora/appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/mpd.conf to point to the desidered location, for example:

Code:
music_directory "/path/to/your/music"

It should work out-of-the-box. Let me know if there are issues.

Andrea

Edit the music_directory key in /pandora/appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto/mpd.conf to point to the desidered location, for example:

Code:
music_directory "/path/to/your/music"

It should work out-of-the-box. Let me know if there are issues.

Andrea

I can't get the path set correct. My music is stored on sd card 2 (MINI_ME) in a root folder called music - what should the path be set to as

/MINI_ME/Music doesn't work?

I have the PND on the same card, and have also tried /music which also doesn't work :(

I can't get the path set correct. My music is stored on sd card 2 (MINI_ME) in a root folder called music - what should the path be set to as

I have the PND on the same card, and have also tried /music which also doesn't work :(
try : /media/MINI_ME/Music

try : /media/MINI_ME/Music

that did it, thanks :)

This program is exactly what I wanted for listening to music at work

remogatto, I've just tried this for the first time. Thank you for this mate. :)

So - is it possible via the config to set the shoulder buttons to skip to the next or previous track as that would be brilliant. I wouldn't have to have my screen open.

So, I guess this pnd was deemed not-Beta, as it's now in the app-store.

However when I run the program I just quickly see a terminal popping up, but it immediately closes without starting the program.

So how am I supposed to run it? Or what is actually supposed to happen? :)

cheers

I've not used this one in awhile but have you made sure you've followed Remogattos advice above and either placed your Music collection inside the 'music' folder of the appdata folder for this program (In which case the app should start and pressing 5 will head to your library where your tunes will now be displayed), or you can edit the 'mpd.conf' file in the appdata folder to point to your collection if you prefer to store it elsewhere? As the posts above (linked below).

I just tested both methods and they worked first time here..

If you cant get either of those to work, then first delete the appdata folder for the app and try again and if it still fails, then perhaps you should attempt to run the app and then head to the 'filesystem>tmp' folder and find the file 'pndrunncmpcpp4p.remogatto_run.out' and copy and paste the contents of that file to this thread. Someone should be able to tell the reason its failing from that :)

Its a nice program, so many thanks Remogatto :)

Well the program should start even with no music present no?

And now I pointed the config to the mountpoint of an sd-card with music, and it still doesn't start.

Here are the contents of 'pndrunncmpcpp4p.remogatto_run.out':

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/PANDORA/pandora/apps/ncmpcpp4P_v0.5.7.1.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : ./ncmpcpp4P.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto=rr" n

one "/mnt/utmp/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (./ncmpcpp4P.sh ) ----------

mkdir: cannot create directory `music': File exists

mkdir: cannot create directory `playlists': File exists

mkdir: cannot create directory `.ncmpcpp': File exists

mpd: no process killed

config: loading file mpd.conf

listen: binding to any address

listen: binding to socket address [::]:6600

listen: binding to socket address 0.0.0.0:6600

path: path_set_fs_charset: fs charset is: UTF-8

volume: deprecated option 'mixer_device' found, moving to 'alsa' audio output

volume: deprecated option 'mixer_control' found, moving to 'alsa' audio output

daemon: opening pid file

daemon: daemonized!

daemon: writing pid file

avahi: Initializing interface

avahi: Client changed to state 101

avahi: Client is CONNECTING

update: spawned thread for update job id 1

state_file: Saving state file

>> Here it finds all the music on the sd-card, I won't put the files here <<

database: removing empty directories from DB

database: sorting DB

database: writing DB

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (./ncmpcpp4P.sh ) ----------

avahi: Shutting down interface

listen: listen_global_finish called

db_finish took 0.000000 seconds

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/ncmpcpp4P.remogatto': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 1

Yes your first point is correct. Just removed my edits etc and it still runs. I hope someone can tell whats up from the log and can help you get it sorted :)

p.s another possible easy fix is it maybe a corrupted download?

I installed it using the pnd-store application.

Don't know if it does this, but if it's a corrupted download maybe it's an idea that the PNDstore app checks the md5 of the downloaded file ;)

Back