Nand Firmware Update?

Auritribe

Well, now that it's been pretty much confirmed that 2GB cards dont wrk with this firmware, I'm in a bit of a bind. I am only picking up a 2GB card when I get the GP2X, its already pre-ordered off of gp32z.com

I was wondering when the update comes out that allows for >1GB cards, if its possible for me to update the firmware via NAND instead of buying an extra SD card??

Unfortunately I think you're out of luck. The nand flash is currently locked from user access. It's another bug that they plan to fix in a firmware update. I think the easiest solution would be to borrow a card from someone and update the firmware. Other than that I have no ideas, sorry.

Well, now that it's been pretty much confirmed that 2GB cards dont wrk with this firmware, I'm in a bit of a bind. I am only picking up a 2GB card when I get the GP2X, its already pre-ordered off of gp32z.com

I was wondering when the update comes out that allows for >1GB cards, if its possible for me to update the firmware via NAND instead of buying an extra SD card??
It can't be flashed via USB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure about this but I think the 2X will still see 1GB of your 2GB card its not great but its better than nothing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you can mount NAND memory, but I don't remember correctly
(It might something like /mnt/nand whatever)

They say it will fixed also in future, but I never even try to mount (and use) this memory.

Back