Name That Game

reaper79

Rectum? Damn near killed ''em!
Website
www.sentient-puddle.com
I am hosting a simple contest of naming the game of the screenshot listed below. This will be the first round out of a total of four. These six screens should be simple for just about anybody. To enter, just post the names of each game here in this thread. Only your first post will count. The contest will end on Sunday, or rather I should say that the last round will be Sunday and the contest will end noon monday. Each round will get progessively harder, and will have different rules and a point system to determine rank and winnings. The first correct submittals will earn more points, so speed is a factor. I'll try to post these at noon PST, so that everyone gets a chance... I believe that this time would be late evening across the pond? Discuss in this thread all you want, this is mainly for shits and giggles so I'm not concerned with cheating and the like. I will reward $15, $10, and $5 USD to places 1st through 3rd. I will pay this only to a paypal account. If you do not have a paypal account, then I will donate the funds to the dev of your choice. Why am I doing this? Firstly for fun, and secondly for all those people that want to donate to devs, but don't have a means for one reason or another (maybe even get you into Zodttd's next beta?) Either way, we are all geeks and love guessing at this stuff, so let's get to it.

1)
1.gif

2)
2.gif

3)
3.gif

4)
4.gif

5)
5.gif

6)
6.gif

Good luck, have fun. These should be pretty easy to get.

EDIT: I removed the email option, just post your answers in this thread.

1). Metal Slug 1: Neo Geo AES/MVS
2). The Revenge of Shinobi: Sega Megadrive/Genesis
3). Super Metroid: Nintendo SNES
4). Metal Gear Solid: Nintendo NES
5). Pitfall: Atari 2600
6). Bonk's Adventure: NEC PC Engine

:D

I didn't even look at Purple Goat's answers, I was already thinking them as I scrolled down.

yeah those were easy (sa i scrolled down i named them all off the top of my head)

1 Metal Slug 1 Super Vehicle 001 - Arcade/Neo Geo MVS
2 The Revenge of Shinobi - Sega Megadrive
3 Super Metroid - SNES
4 Metal Gear - NES/MSX
5 Pitfall - Atari VCS (2600)
6 Bonk's Adventure - PCEngine (TurboGrafix 16)

so bring on more!

i fully agree with this:

:)

Goemon4 posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:55 PM said:
yeah those were easy (sa i scrolled down i named them all off the top of my head)

so bring on more!

Just for the record, make sure you post your answers to get credit. The points tallied will be cumulative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Slug 1 Super Vehicle 001
The Revenge of Shinobi
Super Metroid
Metal Gear
Pitfall
Bonk's Adventure

Yeah! :lol:

After Ste_167's version of this, I was thinking of setting up a website, where you could upload screenshots of video games. Then people could create an account and identify the screenshots to get a score, and have a league...

that's a pretty great idea. I think that would be a nice project...

Gruntfuggly, I would definitely do the idea if I were you. :)
I'm trying to think of a low-cost/free prize I can give to those who participate. Having a site for this would help considerably.

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 16 2007 at 05:26 AM said:
After Ste_167's version of this, I was thinking of setting up a website, where you could upload screenshots of video games. Then people could create an account and identify the screenshots to get a score, and have a league...

Ste_167 was kinda the inspiration for this as well. I too thought about setting up a website and doing it that way, but I don't think I have the time or energy. Damn jobs and houses and wifes... er wife.

Just to clarify, this contest isn't just for people who can't donate. Everyone is invited to play, so if your posting here you might as well at least copy and past some answers. Even if your a dev.

So these were easy, answers as follows:

Here is the list for round 2, you don't need to have participated in the first round to play, join in anytime.

1)
1.gif

2)
2.gif

3)
3.gif

4)
4.gif

5)
5.gif

6)
6.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 1)
1) Metal Slug
2) Revenge of Shinobi/Super Shinobi (Megadrive/Genesis)
3) Super Metroid (SNES)
4) Metal Gear
5) Pitfall

Round 2)

4) Galaxian
5) Dragon Crystal (Game Gear)
6) Zero Wing (Megadrive/Genesis)
7) Turrican (Atari ST)
8) The Chaos Engine (Amiga)
9) Renegade (NES)
10) Miss Pacman?
11) Harvest Moon (SNES)