Name of this game..?

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
yes, i am posting YET ANOTHER "what's the name of this damned game?!" thread because i wanna play this game i havent played in years, and yet i forgot it's name (how silly of me..)

Well, this time it's a PSX (Playstation 1) game, and it kinda goes like this.. you play as this weird lil guy with pink hair (weird, eh?), and you must beat up pigs who invade the areas you explore through (even weirder). You work your way through the game as a 2-and-a-half-D platform adventure (it's mostly 2D with some polygon/3D thrown into the mix).. it's also an RPG too because you'll visit towns or areas which you will explore in an over-head view like Zelda.. you have to do lots of tasks and side-quests to progress and for most of the significant ones you're rewarded lots of points to your score (a little tune also plays to let you know the side-quest/task has been completed)

Anyone know the name of this game? I loved it back at the time when playing it but never got too far (it was a demo).. I wanna see if i can get it cheap to play it on my bro's PS2 so plz help me find the name :D

In Europe the name of this game is TOMBI

tombi_1_cdcover1.jpg

Great game!

is tombi gay?...
dose he want to shag that pig?....

game look's shit....btw
sorry....cover of the game look's shit.....never played it!!!

Judging by the pigs eyes, looks like he's already gotten shagged once, maybe twice. :p

Dont slag the game off just because of how the cover looks.. the game is really old and back in those days pre-rendered 3D art you usually see on the front of PS games werent all that great compared to what we see on game boxes now.

If you like a platform adventure/RPG game then I highly recommend it. Though I never played the full game, the demo was exceedingly enjoyable, especially since it lasted relatively longer than standard demo's you got for a playstation..

I heard there was a sequal to this game, but I dunno if it's true.. please confirm, I might wanna get this too! :)

There's just one thing I dont get with games like these... why oh WHY do they change the name, even if by one letter, for PAL release after the American version? I mean what makes "Tomba" somewhat a word that should be "banned" or unsuitable to the European audience?

On a related note, here's a fun fact... they were originally going to title the classic Pac-Man as "Puck-Man", but didn't because they may fear younger ones may accidently pronounce the P as an F :lol:

Neomorpheus posted on Oct 25 2003 at 06:45 PM said:
So why was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone rename for the americans as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?
They dumb down quite a few titles for the american viewers/readers. No joke. They even change words in it sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Oct 25 2003 at 12:09 PM said:
Neomorpheus posted on Oct 25 2003 at 06:45 PM said:
So why was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone rename for the americans as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?
They dumb down quite a few titles for the american viewers/readers. No joke. They even change words in it sometimes.
They problem think Americans are fat and stupid or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it the otehr way around?

i watched the scary movie american version which was good but then the australian/world version was not as good they dumbed it down for non americans where it says dumbass on the report card its put into a proper report card in the world version they have it as a stamp like were not smart enough to see the joke the way it was orignally :p

:ph34r:

NiN-NiN, your comment was about a localization issue concerning modern-day trends. Changing "Philosopher's Stone" (a reference to Alchemy) to "Sorceror's Stone" is NOT a localization issue - it's a direct "dumbing down" of the reference. There's no reason they would think people in England would understand the reference to Alchemy better then people in America, unless they think we're less intelligent.

Well, either that, or some religious group complained about the alchemy reference (which wouldn't surprise me one bit).

What's this? An Anti-American/Anti-RestOfTheWorld dispute and I didn't start it? Let alone, I'm not even in it?

Why the hell does a simple title change seem to make you guys think that Americans are stupid now? The way I look at, it was simply a title change to fit the the audience of the movie. Kids can relate more to a 'Sorcorer' than they can to a 'Philosopher'. Atleast that's how I see it.

I didnt say that title changing made me think Americans are dumb :p I only wondered why they do it for titles that dont need it.. Tomba doesnt need to be changed to Tombi

Back