Looking For The Name Of A Game I Can''t Find

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

Ok........You guys have helped me find the name of games I couldn't remember before, so I hope you can help me this time. I will try to recall the game as best as I can for you in as much detail as I can muster. The name of the game I am looking for was on a compilation disc of games for xp (not sure of the exact title of the disc). It was featured among many other games, but it itself was only a demo. The game was a 2d style space game, where you started of on a single planet. What you did was fly around space and either mining materials from planets or you could place people on them to start inhabiting it and then you could tax them. The game itself was weird because of the ships you could choose from ( Some of the ship choices looked like smiley faces, lol). You also could play against 3 other computer races, who try to colonize the planets in the area of space you were playing in. After gaining money, you could reinforce planets with shields to protect them (If I remember correctly), by shields for your ship, and buy nukes and biological weapons to attack you enemies planets, as well as there ship. To get this straight, this is not the ur-quan masters. If you guy have any ideas or questions, don't hesitate to post. I appreciate your help in advance.

Sincerely,
-Spadoof :gp2x

P.s: if you can find screenshots, please post!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to say 'ur-quan'
well, i know many many space trader games. give more info. 32 bit, 256? overhead, isometric, sideview?

Dear readers,

I apologize for not replying sooner. The games that you listed above are not the game that I'm looking for. It is an sky view and 2d space game. I originally ran into the game on a "games for xp" kind of disc(I'm trying to look around for the specific disc). The game itself was offered only as a demo, but could be purchased for a price online. I know that this is a really bad description of the game, but I do appreciate all of the suggestions you offer.

Ok I think I found out what the disc is called. I believe it is 101 greatest xp games, if I remember correctly. I can't find a full list of the games that comes on it though..................*frustration*. If anyone finds the complete list of the games on this disc, please post it. I the mean time I will continue my search. Thanks for you help.

I'm almost certain that is the cd case. If I remember correctly, the cd top itself was orange with an big black x in the middle. The only think is that site obviously does not allow you to see all 101 game titles.

More info about the game (Just remembered). I specifically remember that the map of the game was divided into 4 quadrants. The plant you started on had a space station floating around it (Not ur-quan masters I can assure you), but until you purchased the game you could not use the space station. When you start of the game you go around to planets and mine resources and you can use the materials to purchase things. You can also take people from you home planet and have them colonize other planes and then you can tax them for money. Later you can add multiple lazers to your ship as well as by nukes to kill enemy ships and wipe out the people on there planets. You could also by biological weapons you could send at planets which would slowly kill of the population. You could equip you planets with layers of shield s to protect them. You could player with three other computers opponents and each team had only one ship at a time, although you could invest and by backup ships (Basically an extra life) for yourself incase they shot you down.

-spadoof

'Spadoof' said:
More info about the game (Just remembered). I specifically remember that the map of the game was divided into 4 quadrants. The plant you started on had a space station floating around it (Not ur-quan masters I can assure you), but until you purchased the game you could not use the space station. When you start of the game you go around to planets and mine resources and you can use the materials to purchase things. You can also take people from you home planet and have them colonize other planes and then you can tax them for money. Later you can add multiple lazers to your ship as well as by nukes to kill enemy ships and wipe out the people on there planets. You could also by biological weapons you could send at planets which would slowly kill of the population. You could equip you planets with layers of shield s to protect them. You could player with three other computers opponents and each team had only one ship at a time, although you could invest and by backup ships (Basically an extra life) for yourself incase they shot you down.

-spadoof
Buy via above link and find out.

'Spadoof' said:
I'm just trying to find the name of the game, not buy the disc again.
I agree, I've found at least 20 places to buy it, but it's not even worth it since the company is so shady anyway. I'm still determined to find a list of games in it

I appreciate your help PoisonedV. It one of the worst things to have played a game and then not remember what its called when you really want to play it again. I just wish I still had the cd, lol.

Back