Name And Shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esn said:
I suggest that for this and future cases like this, we should create a "Medal of Shame" graphic that would go where the "Xtreme Team" graphic goes for the mods. Anyone who acts like a total dickhead (like PlopperZ did) is not only banned but forced to "wear" the medal for some time, for everyone to see.
Yes! A genuine GP32x Scarlet Letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
jbr said:
@javaJake, It's a wiki issue, but it's also a community issue. He insulted everyone here when he did that.
I won't debate the ban on the forum after he came over and talked about it like it was something great. I will debate the reason for the creation of this thread before that, when it was just an event on the wiki. :p

magicman5421 said:
you will sh*t bricks.
Or overused, stupid catch phrases from sites full of 12 year olds.

@Tobriand: You may want to reverse lookup the IP you banned to see if he was already using a proxy server. I'd suspect so, since he blatantly declared he (would be) using them. You could really shake the cage by banning known proxy server IPs.

Furthermore, and more importantly, I think this thread should be closed. It is out of topic, certainly unproductive, possibly derogatory, and worst of all, only inflating the ego of the thing that this topic was started about. Lets forget, but not forgive.

Gruso said:
PoisonedV said:
magicman5421 said:
you will sh*t bricks.
Or overused, stupid catch phrases from sites full of 12 year olds. And you wonder why people believed it really was you messing with the wiki. It's comments like this.

Live and let live, yeah?

Get to da choppa!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

jbr said:
No, it would turn into a joke.

I once used a forum where the admins gave everyone they didn't like insulting user ranks, and I took a screenshot of mine and made it my signature. They got all upset and said "No! It's not supposed to be funny! And they changed it to "Royal C*ntwad" or something. Finally, they threatened to sue me for using an image of the name they invented or something silly. I left there.

The point is, punishment has to actually bother the person.
Make it something which looks very uncool, then (unlike the GP32X team tags which look all shiny and nice). Something like this:

rudesobtagwn9.jpg

(bad-quality jpeg rather than clean GIF image, for further suckage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back