1emulation.com Gp2x Review And A Retort

Disoblige said:
I think after reading the two comments above, a second review is needed at hand.

Personally, I thought the review seemed a little rushed. I thought the seeing it in action was pretty well done and showing its size was pretty good. However, Going through the system just for one time doesn't really give much basis for review. I think we should have at least tested this thing out for at least a week (excuse me if you did) or so, so that we would have gotten a better feel for it.

Edit: "We did not have much time to mess with the Atari emulator." <-- Since we had the handheld, I believe this line shouldn't have been there at all. It wasn't like we had a specific timeframe to put the review out.

Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good thorough review for our first time, and it would be nice to see others.

Those gloves were weird, were you playing the handheld with those?

Props to that guy. He's an admin there and seems to agree that the review lacks depth. Here's hoping that they give the 2x another go.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reviewer still give the GP2X a good 8.5/10, I found that suprizing when reading it

I agree, the score isn't bad, it's actually pretty accurate.
But he's so negative in the review that it makes absolutely no sense.
If you're going to constantly trash the product, why give it an 8.5?

TelcoLou posted on Sep 1 2006 at 05:17 AM said:
I stopped reading the review after this bit:

"Immediately when I saw the GP2x face to face, it was hard for me to read the buttons. Too many CRT monitors can do that to you, but I personally found it discomforting."

:lol:

Well, maybe he always needs to look at the buttons while playing ;)
I can't think of no other reason ;)

I also think he didn't switch DrMD to 44100 kHz because he thinks the sound is crappy...

Last edited:
this is all we got from the reviewer, too...

GameCop posted on Sep 1 2006 at 06:41 PM said:
Actually, I am back now. I admit, the review was a bit rushed and I'll be retyping many parts of it and correcting some errors I made. I deeply apologize if the review offended or angered anyone. It was not my intention.

I think he should start over again, this time WITHOUT those damn gloves, they must be cutting the circulation off to his brain!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back