N64 For The Gp2x

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bangs head repeatedly against desk

nuke.jpg

You wanna try writing an emulator for GP2X...? huh?

an N64 emulator MIGHT be possible... but it would be soooo slow and unbearable to play... I don't think it's likely to happen... and if it does happen it will only be because a coder has got bored... not because they expect it to perform well if at all.

Well i finished a fullspeed N64 emulator for the gp2x few months ago.

It is really funny to play Zelda 64 in bus, train, whatever.

But i won't release it because i am a evil rabbit. :p

;)

Parkydr posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:04 AM said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Bangs head repeatedly against desk

head-banging.gif

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
No, i was more suggesting... are you saying the PSP is more powerful? They're pulling some pretty damn good framerates, whereas you guys look at a little chart with pre-determined responses and say 'no'

Uriel posted on Sep 2 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
No, i was more suggesting... are you saying the PSP is more powerful? They're pulling some pretty damn good framerates, whereas you guys look at a little chart with pre-determined responses and say 'no'

n64 will never be on the gp2x. Deal with it

no :p

*prints out a 320x240 resized image of Mario Kart 64 splash screen and sticks it on own GP2X screen*

:D

ok I know.. I know thats just silly

*takes paper off screen*

:(

Uriel posted on Sep 2 2006 at 10:03 AM said:

This has been asked so many times. GP2X wasn't made to do the same things as the PSP.

Just because the GP2X arguable has more CPU and memory power, it doesn't mean it can do anything that the PSP can do. And vice versa. Please spend the time to read the links that others have kindly given you, before you put your foot in your mouth again. saying crap like "are you saying the PSP is more powerful?" is just trolling and will not earn you IQ points or friends on this board. Powerful is a subjective term that can be argued, and already has been argued for close to a year.

Uriel posted on Sep 1 2006 at 08:03 PM said:

Could you post a link to this 'little chart'? It may come in handy for real-life situations.

Ignore their lies, I wrote a full speed N64 emulator! And a Saturn-emulator as well! ... but I won't share it because I believe emulation is evil :(

Uriel posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:03 AM said:

No chart just real world facts.

Go look at the PSP hardware, then an N64.

Then go look the GP2X hardware.

Notice any similarities between the PSPs CPU and an N64? Hmmm meditation.

Now look at an ARM CPU and the N64 CPU.. Not too similar in architecture? I wonder if that has any effect?

All you would have to do is read a few specs look at cpu types and you would have your answer. You or anyone else asking about N64 will get flamed because you post a topic without even trying to do even a little rudimentary research ;)

DaveC posted on Sep 1 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
Notice any similarities between the PSPs CPU and an N64? Hmmm meditation.

Now look at an ARM CPU and the N64 CPU.. Not too similar in architecture? I wonder if that has any effect?

I don't believe this emulator uses recompilation to run code natively-- the speed benefits no doubt come from having a hardware 3D rendering solution. Emulating a ~96 MHz processor is a huge task already, and just rendering an N64 scene on an ARM920T at even 300 Mhz or a MIPS chip at 333 Mhz is not possible even WITHOUT the CPU emulation to worry about.

Suffice to say, the GP2X will never run N64 games at any acceptable speed. Ever.

Back