Release MyPaint port

@Esn Sorry for the drunken shambling of the dead there. Turns out there is no difference in shortcuts, i.e both accept lower case letters. Eyecreates new version has a different default top menu bar repleat with coloured icons and such, which is perhaps absent (or I've switched it off) in First's version.

The different interface is due to the fact I upgraded the version of MyPaint used in addition to fixing the issue. First's MyPaint used 0.9.x, which was replaced by 1.0 by the time I set out to get a working MyPaint. I figured it was best to use the latest code in order to make it easier to keep up to date in the future along with having an bug fixes that could cause issues. The interface changes, to my knowledge, are not switch-able, but you can still pretty much recreate what was there before by using the icons to the far right which launch the docks that used to be up by default. Also, if I remember right, the fix I applied was really only possible by using the new brush methods in MyPaint 1.0, so it would be harder to backport. You can see the changes for 1.0 here:

http://mypaint.intilinux.com/?p=621

So seems like, at least with the new Beta4 OS, the pressure sensitivity is backwards, or I'm crazy. Like, pressing hard gets soft strokes, lightly brushing gets dark strokes. Anyone else have this issue?

So seems like, at least with the new Beta4 OS, the pressure sensitivity is backwards, or I'm crazy. Like, pressing hard gets soft strokes, lightly brushing gets dark strokes. Anyone else have this issue?

It's the same for me.

Not onnly atwith Beta4 but also on Beta 3.

(Don't tested previous versions)

They inverted pressure in mainline driver :(

It makes more sense now though, harder press returns higher pressure, unlike before.

Just downloaded this for a Rebirth and it doesn't run... do you know what could be the problem ?

I have the last version of wxPython installed.

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/MEGASD/pandora/menu/mypaint-47474.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/mypaint-47474
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : run.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/mypaint-47474"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MEGASD/pandora/appdata/mypaint-47474=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mypaint-47474=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mypaint-47474"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./runmypaint", line 133, in <module>
from gui import main
File "/mnt/utmp/mypaint-47474/gui/main.py", line 11, in <module>
import gtk
File "/mnt/utmp/mypaint-47474/lib/python/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mypaint-47474': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

Last edited:
Back