The different interface is due to the fact I upgraded the version of MyPaint used in addition to fixing the issue. First's MyPaint used 0.9.x, which was replaced by 1.0 by the time I set out to get a working MyPaint. I figured it was best to use the latest code in order to make it easier to keep up to date in the future along with having an bug fixes that could cause issues. The interface changes, to my knowledge, are not switch-able, but you can still pretty much recreate what was there before by using the icons to the far right which launch the docks that used to be up by default. Also, if I remember right, the fix I applied was really only possible by using the new brush methods in MyPaint 1.0, so it would be harder to backport. You can see the changes for 1.0 here:@Esn Sorry for the drunken shambling of the dead there. Turns out there is no difference in shortcuts, i.e both accept lower case letters. Eyecreates new version has a different default top menu bar repleat with coloured icons and such, which is perhaps absent (or I've switched it off) in First's version.