Touchscreen issue

RandomM00

Still Fresh
Hello! I think I may have a minor hardware malfunction.

After two weeks my touchscreen has a problem, which looks similar to these problems: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12196-issues-with-left-nub-and-touchscreen/?hl=%2Btouchscreen+%2Bproblem

I can't reach the top/bottom corner on the right. The cursor moves closer to the corner if I increase the pressure.

The problem affects all of the display to a degree but is much worse further from the centre and in the corners on the right.

Both nubs work fine and I can use them as a mouse without any problems.  The screen was fine until two or three days ago. The problem might be related to the Pandora being in my pocket for bit or sitting inside its case next to a laptop heat outlet. I don't think the temperature went above 35c.

I've run a piece of card along the edges of the display under the case but didn't find anything stuck under the bezel. The bottom bezel is bowed which I don't think it was last time I looked. I loosened and retightened the screws and pulled the tabs out and put them back without anything changing much.

The display acts as if there is very slight pressure continually applied to the centre left. The effect varies somewhat but is always present.

I have traced the edges of the display and scribbled using the stylus in MyPaint to demonstrate the problem.

The short lines around the centre were heavy taps, I was careful not to move the stylus when I tapped.

problem.png

Is there anything I can do? I don't want to have to send my Pandora back to Germany this soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back