My Site With Legal Roms For Emulators

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
Since I just made an update to my pd/homebrew roms site which is at http://jbrodack.googlepages.com I thought I'd announce it here and see what people think. one reason i made this site is to have an easy place to find roms to test emulators without any legal issues. and so if someone starts asking about roms they can be pointed to legal roms while also being reminded that commercial roms and any site with them is not allowed to be posted here.

anyway let me know what you think of the packs I put up and if there are any great pd/homebrew games for the systems i have up that I AND that work well on a gp2x emulator that I am missing.

jbrodack said:
Since I just made an update to my pd/homebrew roms site I thought I'd announce it here and see what people think. one reason i made this site is to have an easy place to find roms to test emulators without any legal issues. and so if someone starts asking about roms they can be pointed to legal roms while also being reminded that commercial roms and any site with them is not allowed to be posted here.

anyway let me know what you think of the packs I put up and if there are any great pd/homebrew games for the systems i have up that I AND that work well on a gp2x emulator that I am missing.
you better point at your page in the main part http://jbrodack.googlepages.com/ if you want feedback ^^ :) things in the signature line are overlooked easily.

the selection is pretty small for now, but it's a start :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this, jbrodack. It's a useful idea.

thanks for the suggestion. I edited the main post. Though part of the inspiration of making the site was your site I've decided to go a quality over quantity route. I actually deleted some roms in this update. I haven't seen other sites take this approach and I think it makes my site a bit unique. plus making a large comprehensive and constantly updated site pd rom site is what I'll leave to you.

Also to be blunt there is a lot of crap pd roms out there. tons of xxx slideshows, and demos where you barely do anything. I figured I would like to make it easy to get to the good stuff. Its not meant to replace your site or be a new pd rom community and is my personal site so I figured I get to be completely biased and put on there only what I like. :)

Despite how I'm going about it I do just want the site to be another useful resource for the gp2x community or for anyone using emulators. I just wanted to make some contribution to the community and since I'm usually pretty good at scouring the net for obscure yet good stuff this seemed like the best way I could contribute something new.

edit: in case its not clear you=kojote

jbrodack said:
thanks for the suggestion. I edited the main post. Though part of the inspiration of making the site was your site I've decided to go a quality over quantity route. I actually deleted some roms in this update. I haven't seen other sites take this approach and I think it makes my site a bit unique. plus making a large comprehensive and constantly updated site pd rom site is what I'll leave to you.

Also to be blunt there is a lot of crap pd roms out there. tons of xxx slideshows, and demos where you barely do anything. I figured I would like to make it easy to get to the good stuff. Its not meant to replace your site or be a new pd rom community and is my personal site so I figured I get to be completely biased and put on there only what I like. :)

Despite how I'm going about it I do just want the site to be another useful resource for the gp2x community or for anyone using emulators. I just wanted to make some contribution to the community and since I'm usually pretty good at scouring the net for obscure yet good stuff this seemed like the best way I could contribute something new.

edit: in case its not clear you=kojote
Of course theres lots of crap and with the new pdroms starting soon, there will be a proper rating system along with screenshots, so it should be pretty easy to sort things by your own taste. for my part i report about any homebrew as i run a news page and not a censoring page :) some people just need proper motivation and giving them attention is a sure way to see more and better things from them in the future.

I'm definitely looking forward to the complete return of pdroms. Was always a great resource and sounds like it will be even better in the future. plus the pdroms compos always brought out great stuff. I figured there was no way I could make a replacement for pdroms so decided to make something completely different and more basic.

In the GBA section, how about adding Bust-A-Move from Russ Prince. It is freeware, and very close in appearance and playablity and graphics to Puzzle Bubble. It has been a free ROM for years now, probably the best freeware game on the GBA, and legal.

bacteria said:
In the GBA section, how about adding Bust-A-Move from Russ Prince. It is freeware, and very close in appearance and playablity and graphics to Puzzle Bubble. It has been a free ROM for years now, probably the best freeware game on the GBA, and legal.
yeah i had played that before but forgot to put it in there. will include that in my next gba update.

atari 2600 got a small but really cool update with a new version of lead which has been getting some online attention lately. such as here

Back