My Mp Pandora

Paradox said:
awesome vid

PSX.
Dreamcast.
N64.
GBA.

in one handheld?
I'll probably never be able to decide which game I want to play first and never actually end up using the thing!

Isn't Dreamcast a little past the Pandora? I know we've seen a few very basic videos of stuff running on Pandora hardware, but nothing that would suggest that we'd ever get a playable game working, except at best really non-intensive games like puzzlers (ChuChu Rocket! comes to mind). Has something happened recently to make Dreamcast emulation on this hardware more of a reality?

(better not be -- if Crazy Taxi magically ends up working without slowdown or glitches, I will never leave my home again)

Edit: Also, I thought the video was pretty great. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It is certainly a good thing to get Dreamcast running, even if it was slow - it just means that it will be up and running full speed on any Pandora2.

Craig .... behave, or I'll post THE PICTURE, you really wouldn't like me to post THE PICTURE, honest. :ph34r:

mutter....young whippersnappers winding up the witless....should have more sense...mutter...

hobbyman II said:
Craig .... behave, or I'll post THE PICTURE, you really wouldn't like me to post THE PICTURE, honest. :ph34r:
Now I'm just all curious to see what THE PICTURE actually is...! :p

skyeyemachine said:
hobbyman II said:
Now I'm just all curious to see what THE PICTURE actually is...! :p
A monstrosity!

It's something Craig sent me a while ago, it's ...er....should we say...incriminating?...embarrassing?...taunting?

well! something like that, something Craig would regret (maybe)...lol

oh! the rush of power, the POWER, NEAL BEFORE ME WORMS!!!!, send me Pandoraz nowz!!!

ahem....it's ok,the medications kicking in now....sorry about that (pours another jolt of 70% proof "medication")

craigix said:
It is certainly a good thing to get Dreamcast running, even if it was slow - it just means that it will be up and running full speed on any Pandora2.

Nifty! When do preorders start? :D

Pandora2 specs

quad core OMAP 2.5ghz
2x sli Nvidia mobile GPU,s
2 gig ram
128 gig internal high speed SD storage
1024x768 touchscreen display
runs 96 hours on one charge

runs Crysis, Modern warfare 2, on full settings, and windows XP under dosbox at emulated 3ghz , order now

just send £92376.45p in untraceable notes/coins

to

Hobbyman 2
the forum
gp2x.com
uk

B)

hobbyman II said:
quad core OMAP 2.5hz
4 whole 2.5Hz processors? Awesome. Can't wait till 1960 rolls around and we can get those 5Hz processors I've heard so much about.

<_< :angry: gah!, keyboard needs cleaning again, "g" key playing up, (if I clean it with a aerosol compressed air cleaner ....would that be "air on a G key")..... sorry!, I'll Get my coat.......AAAARGH!

lol :p

the word was Get, not At :p

I think some chocolate chip cookie or a bit of peanut got under there (yeah! I know! unwanted detail :D )

at least I haven't spilt any of this 15yr malt on it, would be forced to suck keyboard dry...... :rolleyes:

wait!: you mean ... Eat my coat?, are you mad?, how many coat eating Geeks do you know?, do I even LOOK like a coat eating Geek? (don't answer that)

hobbyman II said:
Pandora2 specs

quad core OMAP 2.5ghz
2x sli Nvidia mobile GPU,s
2 gig ram
128 gig internal high speed SD storage
1024x768 touchscreen display
runs 96 hours on one charge

runs Crysis, Modern warfare 2, on full settings, and windows XP under dosbox at emulated 3ghz , order now

That's all well and good, but we also need it to fold up just enough to fit in a fob pocket. This is certainly possible with recent advances in flexible display technology. You'll have to add accelerometers, a dual axis gyroscope, an internal compass, and a gps unit. If there's an extra cubic millimeter of space left, maybe sneaking in a barometer would be nice.

craigix said:

eh? I thought Dreamcast emulation was certain for the pandora? weren't there some videos of it running at playable speeds already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJ0WtWGRLE

Pocket computer powerhouse, the open Pandora project, shown here running its first Dreamcast emulator. Still a lot of work to do, but the quick and dirty port of the NullDC emulator proves the Pandora's will soon be running games from Sega's ill-fated, yet beloved console.

Paradox said:
eh? I thought Dreamcast emulation was certain for the pandora? weren't there some videos of it running at playable speeds already?

One man's "slow" is another man's "playable", there's certainly no threshold for this subjective term. If you're satisfied with playing a game at maybe 50% speed then I'm sure many Dreamcast games will be emulated at at least that, some substantially higher. That's a baseline - no one knows exactly what future results will bring.

Exophase said:
Paradox said:

One man's "slow" is another man's "playable", there's certainly no threshold for this subjective term. If you're satisfied with playing a game at maybe 50% speed then I'm sure many Dreamcast games will be emulated at at least that, some substantially higher. That's a baseline - no one knows exactly what future results will bring.

the developer posted on this very forum though that with the optimizations he is adding in the future we can be looking at double the speed at the very least, if that's not reason to be hopeful I don't know what is.

hopefull yes, certain no (speed wise). We will probably have a dc emu, but speed and compatibility is still unknown

Hmm, makes me want some more news on DC emulation.
I'm sure DrkIIRaziel and ZeZu will give us an update or two once the Pandora's released though. :)

Back