My Gf Got Her Cash Stolen On Ebay

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
My gf bought a xbox 360 from someone on ebay, its been almost a month and she havent received the xbox 360, she payed with paypal, anyway she can get her money back? when I get the link from the seller I will put it up..

I have no experience with ebay, since I never bought from ebay som im completly clueless..

contact the seller 1st to warn them.

then after your time allowed contact paypal first. when theres a "genuine" misunderstanding then the person involved will get back to u like lightening

you will probably only get £150 or somethin back same thing happend with me wen i bought a phone for £260. They only give you a set amount back unless the seller was coverd by their prtection but it probably wasnt.

you will probably only get £150 or somethin back same thing happend with me wen i bought a phone for £260. They only give you a set amount back unless the seller was coverd by their prtection but it probably wasnt.
While it is true that paypal only covers X amount, it's usually a rather nice amount. Perhaps the seller didn't have all the funds in his account, that can happen, although it is rare. Usually your bank will cover the remaining amount if you inform them of the issue.

I got two lots back - one from my bank, one from Paypal. I ended up with more money than I started with :)
That is called stealing. You don't take money that isn't yours. It must have been a screw up on the bank's behalf, because usually what happens is paypal communicates with them and informs them of the amount refunded.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an error. Not my problem - had I not known of it, would it still be stealing? That I doubt. Besides, I'm sure PayPal can spare 7 quid from some guy's account (that's all that was in there).

It's an error. Not my problem - had I not known of it, would it still be stealing? That I doubt. Besides, I'm sure PayPal can spare 7 quid from some guy's account (that's all that was in there).
So, if you buy something, and a cashier gives you a 50 dollar bill (whatever the pound equivalent is, I dont know), instead of a 20, that's an error. But you think you should keep it because he/she screws up? In that case, it would come out of their own salary. But hey, what's 30 dollars to them? IM SURE THEY CAN SPARE IT

So, if you buy something, and a cashier gives you a 50 dollar bill (whatever the pound equivalent is, I dont know), instead of a 20, that's an error. But you think you should keep it because he/she screws up? In that case, it would come out of their own salary. But hey, what's 30 dollars to them? IM SURE THEY CAN SPARE IT
But in this particular case, the analogy is irrelevant. I am not face-to-face with this company. Whereas with the cashier I can say "Excuse me, you've given me the wrong change" and hand the money back, with PayPal it would require a long laborious process of actually paying money back to the seller who attempted to steal it from me in the first place. Either that, or giving my bank the 7 pounds when they already have it, and probably being waved away by an assistant with more important things to do.

And also, whilst the above is quite a nasty thing to consciously do, I doubt that it's against the law.

You're making excuses to keep the money. I don't agree with what you're doing, but whatever. Hopefully you'll see the wrong in that when you get older and more mature ;)

btw, I never said it was against the law.

Being taught morals from someone who pre-orders consoles for launch day to sell them to rich kids when demand creates shortages. Cute.
Jealousy is an evil thing innit?

Im not being handed money in error and not returning it. It's the person's own fault if they want to pay me for a good I'm selling.

while im stacking up the hundreds in profit Ill be thinking of you. kiss kiss!!

I have filed disputes on different items before and every time I have received ALL my money back. No question asked.

Jealousy is an evil thing innit?

Im not being handed money in error and not returning it. It's the person's own fault if they want to pay me for a good I'm selling.

while im stacking up the hundreds in profit Ill be thinking of you. kiss kiss!!
Still, you have to see the irony in taking morality and responsibility lessons from you.

And for fuck's sake, "making excuses"? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? It's £7 ($13.50)! It. Does. Not. Matter.

Everyone i know that uses paypal has been screwed by them in someway at 1 time or another (myself included :angry: ) my work supervisor threatend to take them to court because they gave him 48 hours to do something he done 3 weeks ago(long story short.....Tracking numbers). he also said that there are around 100,000 complaints against paypal currently.

I brought a phone from ebay a year ago, i payed the seller £220 + i payed him an extra £10 to post it next day by specail delivery and wrap it up well. total price £230

the phone didnt show up the next morning so i emailed the seller, he promised me that it had been sent, I asked for a tracking number, he said that he will email it to me a.s.a.p

next day the phone didnt come, i checked my email and the was nothing from the seller giving me a tracking number. So i emailed him again, he said he will send me the tracking number and he will get on the phone to the post office strightaway.

He didint get back to me, but the next day my phone turned up. but he hadnt sent it by specail delivery like i payed for, he sent it by normal post, i wasnt asked to sign anything, i just had to take it from the postman.

I was pissed cos i payed the guy £10 to send by specail delivery and he hadnt, i knew that i hadnt signed anything when i recived the phone so i emailed the guy telling him that the phone is not here, i told him that i had asked for the tracking number twice and both times he hadnt been able to supply me with one.

He didnt have a tracking number as he sent it by standard post, i knew that he was just stalling knowing that the phone would arrive anyday soon. little did he know, i already had the phone

I put in a dispute claim thing on paypal, i said that the seller kept promising me a tracking number but never came threw, i sent paypal copys of the emails he sent me as proof that he said he had a tracking number but didnt.

The seller couldnt do anything about it and paypal took £230 out of his account and refunded it back to me. so i ended up with a new phone and all my money back, the seller ended up with no phone & £230 missing from his account.

since then ive never trusted ebay or paypal, the only way i buy or sell on there is by personal collection/delivery, even on this forum when i sold my GP32 blu i made the buyer come to my house cos i know first hand how easy it is to bump someones money.

Anyways, as you know paypal sucks, thats what this sites for www.paypasucks.com

I brought a phone from ebay a year ago, i payed the seller £220 + i payed him an extra £10 to post it next day by specail delivery and wrap it up well. total price £230

the phone didnt show up the next morning so i emailed the seller, he promised me that it had been sent, I asked for a tracking number, he said that he will email it to me a.s.a.p

next day the phone didnt come, i checked my email and the was nothing from the seller giving me a tracking number. So i emailed him again, he said he will send me the tracking number and he will get on the phone to the post office strightaway.

He didint get back to me, but the next day my phone turned up. but he hadnt sent it by specail delivery like i payed for, he sent it by normal post, i wasnt asked to sign anything, i just had to take it from the postman.

I was pissed cos i payed the guy £10 to send by specail delivery and he hadnt, i knew that i hadnt signed anything when i recived the phone so i emailed the guy telling him that the phone is not here, i told him that i had asked for the tracking number twice and both times he hadnt been able to supply me with one.

He didnt have a tracking number as he sent it by standard post, i knew that he was just stalling knowing that the phone would arrive anyday soon. little did he know, i already had the phone

I put in a dispute claim thing on paypal, i said that the seller kept promising me a tracking number but never came threw, i sent paypal copys of the emails he sent me as proof that he said he had a tracking number but didnt.

The seller couldnt do anything about it and paypal took £230 out of his account and refunded it back to me. so i ended up with a new phone and all my money back, the seller ended up with no phone & £230 missing from his account.

since then ive never trusted ebay or paypal, the only way i buy or sell on there is by personal collection/delivery, even on this forum when i sold my GP32 blu i made the buyer come to my house cos i know first hand how easy it is to bump someones money.

Anyways, as you know paypal sucks, thats what this sites for www.paypasucks.com
You're practically Satan.

Back