My School Is Now Fricking Awesome!

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
First, the backstory. I bought four sega dreamcasts & a crapload of games and stuff off ebay around a month ago. I finally had the cash to pay for it today (Ordered it through a friend who runs an ebay buy/sel service). So i went downtown to pick the lot up at lunch today (packed into a small box, but wieghed at least 10lbs) and brought it back to school with me.

So, while sitting in the comp lab at lunch waiting for my class to start, i thought "what the hell" and went and asked my comp teacher if i could hook one of the old beasts up the the projector at the front, since we were learning game design anyways (specilized course, FTW!). You know what? SHE SAID YES! So here i am, sitting in GDcomp 11, playing Power Stone 2 & Metropolis Street Racer with my classmates! :lol:

Yeah, THIS KICKS ASS! :D

(And dont bother mentioning the fact that i left, i'm back now, considerably less of a jackass). :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to watch DVDs on the science lab projector, including a screener of Terminator 3 before it came out. Our school didn't complain, so it's pretty cool, I guess. Oh yeah and our physics teacher used to blast old school hip hop vinyls (3 Feet High and Rising, for example) out of the lab's speaker system during lunch, which is also cool.

We used to watch DVDs on the science lab projector, including a screener of Terminator 3 before it came out. Our school didn't complain, so it's pretty cool, I guess. Oh yeah and our physics teacher used to blast old school hip hop vinyls (3 Feet High and Rising, for example) out of the lab's speaker system during lunch, which is also cool.

Our science teacher lets us bring a cd to play during labs as long as it isn't inapproapiate. Also, I get to play videogames after I'm done programming my latest assignment in comp prog. So that means 2 periods of video games tommorow and wednesday. Hooray!

hmm.. When I was doing GCSE IT our teacher used to just sit there playing games, and showing us where to get all the games from. He then left after a few months and we got a new teacher. The new one made me sit right in front of his desk, where he could see what I was doing because I apparently hacked the network :huh:

It wasn't my fault that he sucked at security :(

I need to move to your school. My school doesn't even allow video games, electronics, or cell-phones.

First, the backstory. I bought four sega dreamcasts & a crapload of games and stuff off ebay around a month ago. I finally had the cash to pay for it today (Ordered it through a friend who runs an ebay buy/sel service). So i went downtown to pick the lot up at lunch today (packed into a small box, but wieghed at least 10lbs) and brought it back to school with me.

So, while sitting in the comp lab at lunch waiting for my class to start, i thought "what the hell" and went and asked my comp teacher if i could hook one of the old beasts up the the projector at the front, since we were learning game design anyways (specilized course, FTW!). You know what? SHE SAID YES! So here i am, sitting in GDcomp 11, playing Power Stone 2 & Metropolis Street Racer with my classmates! :lol:

Yeah, THIS KICKS ASS! :D

(And dont bother mentioning the fact that i left, i'm back now, considerably less of a jackass). :eek:
Wait....am I caring? Nope, sorry about that mistake.

ah man, this board was so much better without you here :(. Oh well, you'll redeem your retardability soon enough.

You think thats bad? My substitute teacher in computers today wouldn't let me write some code for my project because to her it *looked* like a game.

Actual transcript of conversation between a friend of mine running Linux on his laptop, with Abiword open, in class:

"What is that, close that."
"What's what ..?"
"You're supposed to have Word open."
"This is AbiWord, it's the Linux equivalent of Word."
"Close Linux and open Word."
"..."

My high school got tired of me 'hacking' in my senior year (I had a Mini-CD I kept all my major programs on and another tool, WatchCat, that hid them from view and removed them from the taskbar/alt-tab list when I hit a Panic Button) .. I did development, ran some emulators and chatted on AIM in my spare time after finishing class assignments (usually in a few hours when the rest of the class took the better part of a week and a half.) Their response was to remove me from my web design class (it was an elective) and send me home 2 hours early every day. That's some gratitude. I was the one who explained to the IT Bitch (the entire IT department condensed into one ignorant whore) that the only way to keep the horrible Compaq computers with barely-functional fans from having their PSUs explode (one blew up a day. You'd hear an explosion and WHAT THE FUCK resound down the hall) was to turn up the fan speed with SpeedFan. I also had to fix all the school's rampant spyware outbreaks.. ah, high school.

Damn... Imagine that 15 years ago: "Close Mac OS and open up EDIT" :lol:

Oh and atleast 2 teachers have asked me to help them disable some school "protective" measures on their computers such as "deepfreeze" (wipes hard drive changes every boot). and yet the one of the same teachers runs a spyware blocker with a name as dumb as "Anti-Spyware Blocker" (it actually makes some attempt at removing spyware and is just a really bad misnomer)

Actual transcript of conversation between a friend of mine running Linux on his laptop, with Abiword open, in class:

"What is that, close that."
"What's what ..?"
"You're supposed to have Word open."
"This is AbiWord, it's the Linux equivalent of Word."
"Close Linux and open Word."
"..."

My high school got tired of me 'hacking' in my senior year (I had a Mini-CD I kept all my major programs on and another tool, WatchCat, that hid them from view and removed them from the taskbar/alt-tab list when I hit a Panic Button) .. I did development, ran some emulators and chatted on AIM in my spare time after finishing class assignments (usually in a few hours when the rest of the class took the better part of a week and a half.) Their response was to remove me from my web design class (it was an elective) and send me home 2 hours early every day. That's some gratitude. I was the one who explained to the IT Bitch (the entire IT department condensed into one ignorant whore) that the only way to keep the horrible Compaq computers with barely-functional fans from having their PSUs explode (one blew up a day. You'd hear an explosion and WHAT THE FUCK resound down the hall) was to turn up the fan speed with SpeedFan. I also had to fix all the school's rampant spyware outbreaks.. ah, high school.

I keep all the programs I need on my u3 drive... Some other programs and mojopac on my harddrive. Very convenient, and my comp prog teacher actually understands that I'm not hacking into the school network. Happy happy joy joy!

<rant>
The computer programming teacher at my high school is a bitch, but she knows what she's doing. I respect that. But that doesn't change the fact that she's a bitch... Unlike the idiots at the middle school who fell for the little thing I did with setting a bsod wallpaper as my background, moving all the desktop icons to the edge of the screen, and then minimizing the taskbar. "LOU YOU HACKED THE COMPUTER?" Really...
</rant>

Yay! Floofy kittens!

my schools security was good...they used C64 when every other school used workstatooon 4 nt ( or some crap like that) my god that was stupid

Back