My Drmd Thread

devlkore

^_^
Website
www.sparktasty.net
Heyo,
I wanted to give a brief compatibility list of most of the games I've been playing or trying to in DrMD, to help everyone out.

Be warned, some of these games that I report as working ok might have glitches later on, I haven't completed most of them, ok.
Also, 144 is my default speed, so that's what I used unless I say otherwise and I'm using a BLU+.
Anyway, I've been using Beta 5 and here are the results:

After Burner II (U) [!]
Plays really smoothly, not all sound effects are used, but the music is still there.

Air Busters (U) [c] [!]
Everything seems to work perfectly

Air Diver (U) [!]
Small graphics glitch on the map screen where you can see the map through the text on the right side of the scree. The horizon doesn't move properly when you

turn, so it always looks like you're going straight ahead.

Alien 3 (JUE) [!]
No glitches as far as I can see (which is the first level), playable at 144 if a bit jerky, I would recommend 164.

Alien Soldier (B ) [c]
You might want to up the mhz for this one, although it is still really playable at 144. Everything seems perfect.

Alisia Dragoon (JU) [!]
At the beginning of the first level (maybe more often) there is a loud screatchy fuzzy noise, after that everything seems fine. Minor graphics glitch after

selecting a monster "SEL" appears in the HUD at the top, but it's hardly noticable and doesn't interfere.

Altered Beast (REV 02) (JU) [!]
Everything seems fine, including "Wize fwom yor gwayvez!".

Arrow Flash (JUE) [!]
Everything runs smoothly at 144.

Atomic Runner (J) [R-USA] [!]
Perfect as far as I can tell.

Batman (UE) [!]
Not all sound effects seem to be playing, like when you punch an enemy. Music is fine, graphics are fine, although the rain may look glitchy at lower clock

speeds because of the auto frame skip.

Battle Mania 2 - TS Vintage (j) [c] [!]
There's a graphics glitch on the clock in the intro, apart from that, everything seems perfectly fine.

Beyond Oasis (4) [!]
I've hardly played this, but it all seems to run quite well. Worth a try if you like this game or action RPGs.

Bio-Hazard Battle (Sep 1992) (UE) [!]
Resets GP32 as soon as you load it (GRR! I love this game).

Bioship Paladin (JU) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Sailor Moon (J) [!]
Hardly played this at all, but everything seems fine except for a really small graphics glitch where the top line of the bottom border flickers occasionally.

Blades of Vengence (EJU) [!]
This game's pretty crap so I've only played a bit of the first level, but it seems perfect.

Body Count (E) [!]
Graphics are perfect, sound and music cuts in and out.

Bonanza Brothers (REV 01) (JUE)
Seems perfect.

Burning Force (U) [!]
Sound is fine, graphics are messed up, it looks like it's applying the effect that is only meant to be on the water to almost everything. Playing this will

give you epilepsy if you don't already have it.

Cannon Fodder (E) [!]
Sound is almost non-existant, graphics are perfect, still very playable.

Captain Planet and the Planeteers (Dec 1... (I can't read the rest of the tags)
Graphics are shifted to the left side in the menu and on the title screen, in game seems fine.

Castlevania - Bloodlines (U) [!]
Perfect. You might want to up the mhz when it gets a bit crazy, but 144 is very playable.

Chase HQ 2 (JUE) [!]
The sound is very messed up, but the graphics are perfect.

Comix Zone (4) [!]
The sound is random and sporadic, but the graphics are really smooth.

Contra - Hard Corps (U) [!]
The sound and graphics are perfect, except (and it's a big one), the levels don't draw themselves properly, so you can't see where you actually are in the

level.

Crack Down (UE) [!]
Perfect.

Dangerous Seed (J) [!]
Perfect apart from the HUD scrolls with the level. It's still playable as the HUD comes back.

Demolition Man (F) [!]
Stays stuck at the title screen before any options appear. It's not jammed, as the background still moves and there are some random sounds.

Devilish (U) [c] [!]
Graphics and sound sems fine, the physics are odd though, it's like the ball can only go at one speed and the angles it bounces are off sometimes.

Dick Tracy (JUE) [c] [!]
Plays really well, although I would highly recommend a higher speed than 144.

Dragon Ball Z - Bu Yu Retsuden (J) [!]
Plays quite well, although sometimes the split screen gets "confused" and puts the background of one player in both screens.

Dragon's Fury (UE) [!]
Perfect

Dragon's Revenge (JUE) [!]
The sound doesn't seem to be working. The graphics are fine apart from the fact that you can't see the ball!

Dynamite Duke (JU) [!]
Perfect! Yippee!

Earthworm Jim (U) [!]
Graphics are perfect, unfortunately, the sound is rare and sporadic.

Elemental Master (U) [!]
HUD scrolls with level, apart from that, the graphics and sound are perfect, still very playable.

Eliminate Down (J)
No sound, perfect graphics.

El Viento (U) [!]
Seems perfect.

Fire Shark (U) [c] [!]
No HUD and somethimes things disappear off the left edge of the screen if they are partially off screen. Playable if you don't mind not seeing how many

bombs, lives, etc you have.

Flicky (JUE) [!]
Perfect, everyone should try this game at least once.

G-Loc Air Battle (JUE) [c] [!]
seems perfect, very smooth at 144.

Gaiares (JU) [!]
Seems perfect.

Galaxy Force II (REV 01) (JU) [!]
Works really well, although you may want to use settings higher than 144 for some parts of the game.

Ghosthunter (Unl) [c]
Perfect, this is a Pang clone, so play it if you want a Pang fix.

Gley Lancer (J)
I've actually completed this, and it works amazingly at 144, I used 164 for some of the more crazy sections/bosses. Great shooter, I highly recommend it.

Golden Axe (REV 01) (JU) [!]
Perfect.

Golden Axe 2 (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Golden Axe 3 (J) (p1) [!]
Perfect.

Granada (REV 01) (JU) [!]
Perfect, if you're tired of standard shooters, give this one a go.

GRIND Stormer (JUE) [!]
Doesn't work, black screen when loaded. You can still get back to the menu though.

Gunstar Heroes (U) [!]
PERFECT!!!

Haunting, The (UEJ) [!]
Perfect, highly recommended, no other game like it (kind of).

Hellfire (U) [!]
Perfect.

Jammit (U) [!]
Sound is sporadic, graphics are fine except the shadows are purple.

Jewel Master (U) [!]
Seems perfect, but I don't want to play it any more to find out if there is something wrong.

Judge Dredd- The Movie (F) [!]
Jams after about 1 second of gameplay. Seems fine before that.

Lawnmower Man, The (JUE) [!]
I think some of the colours might be off (white shadows?) but the first level plays fine, when you complete it though, it resets the GP32.

Madonna Songs for 50HZ (PD)
Perfect.

Marvel Land (U) [!]
Seems ok, except the clouds have a green box around them.

Mega Bomberman (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Mega Man - The Wily Wars (E)
I only played this for about 20 seconds to see if it worked, and it did, maybe it crashes after 21 seconds of play, I don't know.

Mega Turrican (U) [!]
Resets GP32 on launch.

Mercs (JUE) [!]
No HUD, apart from that, very playable.

Metal Fangs (J) [c] [!]
I don't really know what this game's about, but it seems to work fine.

Michael Jackson's Moon Walker (REV 01) (J... (can't read the rest of the tags)
Perfect.

Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament (JUE...
Everything sems ok until you drive over the track border or bump into another racer, the physics are crazy.

Micro Machines (U)
Same as above.

Micro Machines 96 (V1.1) (E) [c]
Same as above.

Micro Machines Military - It's a Blast!...
Black screen on load, can still exit to menu though.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Movie...
Perfect.

MonsterWorldIV (J) [TEng1.0JapDemiforce]
You need to set the region in DrMD to Japan to get this to load, perfect after that.

M.U.S.H.A. (U) [!]
PERFECT!!!

Mutant League Hockey (UEJ) [!]
Black screen after the EA logo, can't exit to menu.

Mystic Defender (REV 01) (JUE)
No sound in game and the screen flickers as if it is going black then normal very quickly.

NBA Jam Tournament Edition (JUe) (REV 01) [!]
Screen fills with blue and black lines after loading it.

Nightmare Circus (F) [x]
Sound seems a little off, and it jams when you try to enter any of the doors and won't let you exit to menu.

Ooze, The (5)
Seems perfect.

Outrun (JU) (KPH-MPH toggles) [!]
I'd say this is about 90% perfect. I don't know if the music is being rendered properly and I think there are a couple of sound and graphics glitches.

Outrun 2019 (FEB 1993) (U) [!]
Perfect (I think).

Pac Mania (U) [!]
Seems perfect.

Panorama Cotton (J) [x]
Lines down the left side of the screen, although they seem to go away after a while.
You can't see the bottom part of the HUD and when you divert from the path you're on, it causes graphical glitches, the same happens when there are

transitions in the levels. It's actually quite playable and is even smooth at 144.

Phantom 2040 (4) [!]
There's almost no sound and when there is it's glitchy (repeating, etc). The graphics are fine though.

Phelios (U) [c] [!]
No HUD, everything else seems perfect.

Predator 2 (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Pulseman (J) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Punisher, The (U) [!]
No sound (except a constant electronic hum), perfect graphics.

Puyo Puyo 2 (REV 01) (J) [!]
White shadows behind puyos.

Puyo Puyo (J) [!]
Same as above.

Raiden Trad (JU) [!]
No HUD, apart from that it seems fine. Also, you'll want to use a setting higher than 144 otherwise it's choppy.

Rambo III (REV 01) (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Ranger-X (U) [!]
PERFECT!

Red Zone (JUE) [!]
I've only played one of the helicopter parts and it was perfect. I don't know if when the game switches you to being a person if it will work or not, I would

assume it would be fine.

Revenge Of Shinobi, The (REV 03) (JUE)
Perfect.

Ristar - The Shooting Star (UE) [!]
Perfect.

Robocop 3 (UE) [!]
Perfect (I think).

Robocop Vs The Terminator (REV 670) (U)
Graphics are perfect, sound and music is almost non-existant.

Sagaia (U) [c] [!]
Seems perfect (only played it for a short while).

Shadow Dancer (JUE)
Perfect.

Shadow Run (U) [!]
Seems perfect.

Shanghai 2 - Dragon's Eye (U) [!]
Perfect.

Shinobi 3 - Return of the Ninja Master
Perfect.

Skitchin (UEJ) [!]
The sky has a line through it (and I can't remember if it's meant to be grey on the first level), but apart from that, the graphics are fine and the sound is

perfect.

Smash TV (JUE) [!]
Can't get past the title screen.
Sol-Deace (U) [!]
Resets GP32 when you skip the demo (which plays really well with sound and everything BTW).

Soleil (E) (English)
Seems perfect, I couldn't be bothered to go through the chatting to the main game though.

Sonic & Knuckles & Sonic 3 (JUE) [F1]
Perfect. Ideally needs to be played at a higher setting than 144.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Space Harrier 2 (JU) [!]
Perfect.

Sparkster (UJ) [!]
Perfect.

Spider-Man and Venom in Separation Anxiety...
Perfect (I think).

Splatter House 2 (U) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Splatter House 3 (U) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Steel Empire, The (UE) [!]
Perfect.

Streets of Rage 2 (U) [!]
Perfect.

Streets of Rage 3 (U) [!]
Perfect.

Streets of Rage (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Strider (UE) [!]
Seems ok, but I think the AI is a bit messed up, as some of the enemies avoid Strider.

Strider 2 (JUE) [R-Eur] [x]
Perfect (I think).

Super Fantasy Zone (E) [!]
Black screen on load and not able to exit to menu.

Super Hang-On (REV 01) (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Syndicate (JUE) [!]
Jams during opening scene when you try to start the game.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters...
Seems ok, I think the character select screen is wrong, but you can still see the characters and in game, the shadows are glowing, dunno if that's normal.

Definately playable though.

Terminator 2 - Judgement Day (JUE) [!]
Graphics are fine, but the sound is almost non-existant and buggy when there is some.

Terminator, The (U)
Seems perfect, but I can't get past the first enemy (dunno if that's a glitch, or if I'm just crap at the game).

Trouble Shooter (U)
Doesn't respond to some controls properly, prevents you from actually playing the game (at least the sequel works).

True Lies (F) [!]
Jams GP32 after a (very) short while playing, character portait/icon thingies have wrong palettes (the rest of the graphics are fine). Sound sems to work

well, too.

Truxton (JU) [!]
No HUD, apart from that it seems ok.

Turrican (U) [c] [!]
Black screen on load, can exit to menu.

Twinkle Tale (J)
Jams on messed up title screen (palette all wrong), can exit to menu.

Twisted Flipper (beta)
Jams after a few seconds of playing, can exit to menu.

Two Crude Dudes (T-13026) (J) [R-USA] [!]
Perfect.

Ultimate Qix (JUE) [!]
Perfect.

Universal Soldier (U) [!]
Palettes are wrong on the title screen and in the menu, but in game is perfect.

Vapor Trail (U) [!]
No HUD, everything else is perfect.

Verytex (J) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Virtual Pinball (UEJ) [!]
No sound effects, music cuts in and out, graphics ar perfect.

VR Troopers © [!]
Perfect.

Wani Wani World (J) [c] [!]
Perfect.

Whip Rush 2222 AD (U) [!]
Perfect.

Wings of War (U) [!]
Perfect.

Xenon 2 Megablast (E) [c] [!]
I'm not sure how un perfect this is, but it's still very playable. The screen looks like it's shifted up a bit, but I don't know if there's meant to be some

kind of HUD in the black bar at the bottom. It's playable though.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Makyoutohissen (J)
Perfect, you will most likely want to run this at a speed higher than 144 otherwise it's kind of choppy.

Zero Tolerance (JUE) [!]
Doesn't work properly, the music it plays is perfect, but it just flashes a black triangle at you.

Zero Wing (E) [!]
There's one glitch where if you're at the most left position possible, you can't see your self. Apart from that minor glitch this is perfect!

I've got a few suggestions for DrMD too. Could DrMD have a configurable way to get to the menu? I ask because it would be nice to play pinball games with the shoulder buttons as the flippers, but if you press both at once, you'll be in the menu. Controller configs for each game would be welcomed too, I know this has been raised before, I'm just showing my support for the idea.
A more configurable brightness setting would be nice, because I think 25% would look good for most games, but at the moment there is no way of selecting 25%.

LA!

ThanX for all your hard work on DrMD, Reesy.

BYEEEEE!!

edit: stupid smilies.

i wish i had enough time to play all those,, which are the best?? nice list, im sure you own all those games legally
Of course I do, I dumped them myself :D

I haven't played them that much, most of them only a couple of times and some I only played to put them on the list.

Anyway, The ones I'd really recommend are:

Gley Lancer (awesome shooter)
Battle Mania 2 (another awesome shooter)
Air Busters (yes, I likes my shooters)
Alien Soldier (simply put, amazing)
Bonanza Brothers (stealing STufF is always fun!)
Dragon's Fury (the best pinball game I have ever played and I love pinball)
Flicky (simple, addictive, cute, what more do you want?)
Golden Axe (shouldn't need an explaination)
Granada (not your standard shooter)
Gunstar Heroes (one of the best games ever)
The Haunting (scaring people, literally out of their clothes is pretty fun)
Power Rangers The Movie (an enjoyable scrolling beat 'em up with shallow variety)
Monster World IV (so colourful and pretty, there's a translation available)
M.U.S.H.A. (another GREAT shooter)
Pac Mania (pac man + graphics = pac mania)
Panorma Cotton (although it glitches I think everyone should try it in DrMD)
Predator 2 (worth playing just to see Predator shoot the hostages)
Pulseman (very good platformer with a lot of action)
Ranger-X (original shooter that still looks good)
Red Zone (better than any "Strike" game)
Shinobi 3 (best ninja game on megadrive)
Splatter House 2/3 (GORY!!!)
Streets of Rage (just play it, ok)
Universal Soldier (so many weapons, mmm...)
Yu Yu Hakusho Makyoutohissen (cool fighting game with multiple opponents)

I know that list is still kind of long, so I included a bit about each one to help you choose.

What kind of games do you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
he probably just didn't knew about it.

@devlkore: It would be great if you could enter them there, as then there will be ONE databse with the MD compatibility. And make sure you enter the godgen name, too!

Sinobi 3

this game plqays perfect but at the end of the first level when it's counting your points the points just keep going up and up and don't stop so you can't go on to the next level. Has anyone found a way around this?

Sinobi 3

this game plqays perfect but at the end of the first level when it's counting your points the points just keep going up and up and don't stop so you can't go on to the next level. Has anyone found a way around this?

I think I read it was fixed in the beta. I just played it and I've just started the second level.

BYEEEEE!!

Private beta (5).

I did say in my original post that I was using beta 5.

I just completed Yu Yu Hakusho (on easy, he-he!) and it is amazing. It's a Treasure game for those of you that didn't know (like me until today).

LA!

BYEEEEE!!

PiNa1971: You have to be on Reesy's list of beta testers to get access to the beta versions. To get your name there, you either have to donate some money or be a GP32 developer.

lOOk: The compatible tester is a nice thing and Reesy will surely put it to good use, yet common users (like myself) would probably find it more useful if perfectly working games could be added too.

Streets of Rage 2 (U) [!]
Perfect.

You missed the fact in SOR2 you immediately get 9 lives as soon as you hit the first enemy.

EDIT: Oh and by the way I'm using beta 5 too.

It turns out I hadn't even trid Streets Of Rage 2, I thought I had, but I wouldn't have noticed the 9 lives thing anyway.

LA!

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want people to enter games that work fine?

yay... ANOTHER DrMD thread to keep track of :rolleyes:

why didn't you just put this in the compatability tracker thread?

yay... ANOTHER DrMD thread to keep track of :rolleyes:

why didn't you just put this in the compatability tracker thread?

Already explained on the previous page.

LA!

Also, this isn't something to keep track of, I was just writing out most of what I'd tried. I wasn't planning on adding to it, I just wanted to have a nice list of some games that work really well for people to see.

heheh sorry if that came off a bit snappy... just got home from work and have gone far too long w/o sleep. Well I meant to say was... I guess I just think it'd be nice to have EVERYTHING DrMD related be in one place, you know? I'm always keeping a close eye on DrMD related threads here especially with Reesy himself chiming in quite often... very rarely do more than a few days go by w/o some interesting bit of news getting posted, and whenever a new thread pops up it's like "ohhh man... now another one I gotta keep my eye on".

But anyways I can't begrudge you this list of yours since really, chances are a lot of GP/DrMD newbs would ask this very question "which games work good???" so cheers on giving us another great reason to say "do a search dammit!" :lol: For real though sorry for being a dick with that post.

EDIT: BTW, you may want to edit the listing for Gunstar Heroes, especially since this is one of the more popular and more likely to be asked about games. It does play perfectly except for one part that I've found (so far). On the Airship level (3rd level) the air ship doesn't draw properly, makes it very hard to tell exactly where you are in relation to the air ship... I wouldn't have known when I could actually jump across to it if I hadn't already played the game. Just thought I'd mention it

heheh sorry if that came off a bit snappy... just got home from work and have gone far too long w/o sleep. Well I meant to say was... I guess I just think it'd be nice to have EVERYTHING DrMD related be in one place, you know? I'm always keeping a close eye on DrMD related threads here especially with Reesy himself chiming in quite often... very rarely do more than a few days go by w/o some interesting bit of news getting posted, and whenever a new thread pops up it's like "ohhh man... now another one I gotta keep my eye on".

But anyways I can't begrudge you this list of yours since really, chances are a lot of GP/DrMD newbs would ask this very question "which games work good???" so cheers on giving us another great reason to say "do a search dammit!" :lol: For real though sorry for being a dick with that post.

EDIT: BTW, you may want to edit the listing for Gunstar Heroes, especially since this is one of the more popular and more likely to be asked about games. It does play perfectly except for one part that I've found (so far). On the Airship level (3rd level) the air ship doesn't draw properly, makes it very hard to tell exactly where you are in relation to the air ship... I wouldn't have known when I could actually jump across to it if I hadn't already played the game. Just thought I'd mention it

That's ok. As for Gunstar Heroes, I haven't played it that far on my GP32, but I'll play it tonight probably and update it.

A couple more suggestions for DrMD:
I know it's asking a lot, but if each game had it's own config files for controller settings, could we have it so you can choose whether or not the pad is 3 or 6 button?
I know there aren't enough buttons on the GP32 to have the six face buttons and start, but some games don't need all of the buttons, Contra for example only needs one as X, Y and Z all do the same thing, and Shaq Fu uses a button for taunt which most of us could live without.
Would it also be possible (if you adopt the idea for game specific controller configs), to have the option of viewing the control layout without changing it?

ThanX again Reesy, BYEEEEE!!

Back