Mweston Tries Out A Range Of Leds (Photo)

IIRC, the power LED is a combined red-green LED, allowing for modulating between red and green (with shades of yellow/orange in between), all possible in software.

Also, I'm pretty sure the current configuration is:
SD1|SD2|WLAN|BT|-----------------|N/A|N/A|CHARGING|POWER

That's what the render at http://openpandora.ca/ shows.

That's what I thought, too. The two blank leds, I mean. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to see more leds in the picture! Shiny AND symmetric!

El Jefe said:
Paradox said:
so what are the n/a ones for
no led, atm, but there are pads
i think

Early on in the battery LED discussions, I seem to remember mweston saying the LEDs are software-controlled, so it might be possible to override default behaviour to do other things.
If that's the case, maybe they'll also populate the "reserved" LED spots as general-purpose LEDs for application use.

Pure speculation on my part, of course.

(If the LEDs aren't readily software-controlled, populating the reserved spots would be pointless anyway.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox said:
Kagato said:
Paradox said:
El Jefe said:
no led, atm, but there are pads
i think
pads??? wat
Soldering pads. The place on the board where the LEDs can be attached.

so my pandora is just going to have a couple holes where leds should be for no reason?

OMG. STOP COMPLAINING OR GTFO. I'M SICK OF YOUR SHIT.

Seriously.

To answer your question though, they're left empty so you can solder in LEDs in whatever configuration you desire. It's like how they left L2/R2 pads and other similar things. It's to make parts of the hardware customizable by the user.

Okay, then...

Maybe
[SD1: Purple][SD2: Purple][WLAN: Teal][BT: Teal]----[N/A: Teal][N/A: Teal][Charging: Orange][Power: multicolor]

####------------####

I mainly went with teal for symmetry reasons, although one could also go
####------------####

or
####------------####

I don't recommend #### as I think the teal LED wouldn't look good next to the orange one.

Hmm... What if we used a white charging indicator, as a neutral color between the warm power LED and the cold colors to its left?
####------------####
####------------#### <- my favorite
####------------#### <- this one is more expressive, though
####------------####

Paradox said:
so my pandora is just going to have a couple holes where leds should be for no reason?
There won't be holes because the lightpipe covers the whole slot ;)

Why are we even discussing coloring? Didn't MWeston say, like, 5 pages ago that the colors won't be changed, he was just trying out different combinations for the hell of it?

mali said:
Paradox said:
There won't be holes because the lightpipe covers the whole slot ;)

it's still going to look really stupid having 2 places for leds with no leds there..

Paradox said:
it's still going to look really stupid having 2 places for leds with no leds there..
If MWeston hadn't posted it you wouldn't have noticed it ;)

Paradox said:
You won't be able to tell that there aren't any leds there. It'll look the exact same as any of the other spots if the LED were off. Or are you saying you'll keep the wifi module on and data continuously streaming to both SD cards just so all the LEDs will be lit up?

Paradox said:

You won't notice it after someone has shoved your Pandora up your arse sideways for being so annoying :p

Back