Pandora Movies List Program for the Pandora

superatarian

I was wondering if there is a database program for the Pandora, that could list all the movie titles a person has in his/her collection. I have a ton of titles and would love to have them all at my fingertips. I cannot tell you how many times I have bought a particular title then come to find I already have it. It would be great if it had online capabilities and could provide info and pictures from the film (if available) like PND Manager does....

Well, PortaBase is a database app for the Pandora. You can find that in the repo.

Unless you're looking for someone to set you up a GUI of sorts that would pull from a database you compiled...and of course, could add to and change, etc.

I actually have a request in for a database app for a different sort of thing, similar, but related to my work. Because I want to be able to type in field values, and then have it jump to display the wanted item. Since MY database, if fully completed, would contain 140,000 lines, approximately, one can see why I might want to be able to jump around, as opposed to scrolling!

this maybe an odd idea, but there is a xbmc build floating around somewhere (or maybe someone could make a new build *blink*) - you could use its movie database functionality

I tried to port Moviefly, which is a re-write of Ant Movie Catalog (for Windows) in Python. Should be possible, but so far I did not manage to build it due to missing dependencies. I gave up on getting those installed (lack of knowledge and time).

Maybe somebody else wants to try (and explain to me how it's done)? Otherwise I will try again, but probably after the Dragonbox Coding Competition.

Well, PortaBase is a database app for the Pandora. You can find that in the repo.

Unless you're looking for someone to set you up a GUI of sorts that would pull from a database you compiled...and of course, could add to and change, etc.

I actually have a request in for a database app for a different sort of thing, similar, but related to my work. Because I want to be able to type in field values, and then have it jump to display the wanted item. Since MY database, if fully completed, would contain 140,000 lines, approximately, one can see why I might want to be able to jump around, as opposed to scrolling!
Thanks, I will look at that....

this maybe an odd idea, but there is a xbmc build floating around somewhere (or maybe someone could make a new build *blink*) - you could use its movie database functionality
XBMC was the first program I thought of. It would be great is I could use this. Nice graphic program. Still does not show videos though.

I think GCstar works on PanDebian.
Never heard of this one.

I tried to port Moviefly, which is a re-write of Ant Movie Catalog (for Windows) in Python. Should be possible, but so far I did not manage to build it due to missing dependencies. I gave up on getting those installed (lack of knowledge and time).

Maybe somebody else wants to try (and explain to me how it's done)? Otherwise I will try again, but probably after the Dragonbox Coding Competition.
I read about this program. Would be great if it worked on the Pandora

I am going to try to get an Android movie database app. There are ones that allow you to enter in your own movies and the app will bring up a picture and info about it. Should be great once I get it working.

Back