Pandora Visual Basic 6 like program for Pandora?

Aether Lion

Staff member
Halfway Between Hell and Purgatory, Pennsylvania
Is there any kind of Visual Basic 6 like program for the Pandora?

I am fairly good with VB6, and I LOVE the fact that it is drag and drop, then you program into each individual object.

Any way a port could be done? I could offer some kind of small bounty if the real VB6 were ported.

~Polukus~

Is there any kind of Visual Basic 6 like program for the Pandora?
~Polukus~
VB6 can not be ported , and I would not bother trying it. But if you are willing to adjust, you have several options

• Lazarus (simliar to Borland/Inprise Delphi back in the day)
    You have to adjust to the Objectpascal syntax style and the general, more object oriented design of it, but it "feels" like using VB6

Repo
  • The Codeblocks release on the repo ships with wxWidgets, which trys a vaguely similiar approach but in the c++ worldRepo
  • Mono (with Gtk#)
    A "port" of C# with WinForms support, but currently the mono runtime is (at least publicly) not available for the Pandora.

Afaik mcobit also mentioned that mono applications feel very sluggish on the Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's WYSIWYG GUI editing based development you crave, I suggest Qt with Qt Creator and Qt Designer. Qt Designer is a drag-and-drop UI layout system that even allows setting simple functionality via signals and slots. Any further functionality is coded in C++.

If it's WYSIWYG GUI editing based development you crave, I suggest Qt with Qt Creator and Qt Designer. Qt Designer is a drag-and-drop UI layout system that even allows setting simple functionality via signals and slots. Any further functionality is coded in C++.
Is QtCreator available for Pandora?

Ohh... misread. I thought he was looking for some VB-like program to do software for pandora. My mistake.

In any case, Qt creator shouldn't be too hard to compile for pandora either.

Ohh... misread. I thought he was looking for some VB-like program to do software for pandora. My mistake.
Don't know, Polukus never said where they were developing, but I was just wondering :)

Don't know, Polukus never said where they were developing, but I was just wondering :)
I would love for it to be on Pandora, but if it is on a Windows or Ubuntu Computer, then so be it. :)

It's definately available on both desktop OS's. I might have to investigate a Pandora edition...

Back