Move Bug reporter to the forums

Wally

I am a banana!
As we have this new "Ask a Question" area I am rather curious to whether a bug tracker can be embedded into the forums instead of having a completely separate system?

A question system is not really a bugtracker.
You can't assign tasks to various devs, etc.

I've been thinking something similar.  If users who are already registered here could open bug/feature requests for all the individual software projects without having to register separately, and the bug tracker was built into the forum interface, then people may actually use it frequently.

The bugtracker as it is now for the pandora is complicated enough to keep people away that dont want to deal with it just to report a problem of minor importance. 
At least thats why i havent reported some stuff.
Neither is it encouraging for ppl that want to share a quick fix. 
It screams "leave me alone".
Some forum integration would be nice...

Hm? The bugtracker for the Pandora is pretty simple, compared to most other bugtrackers I've seen.

What was too complicated for you with it?
I can't imagine a usable bugtracker to be a lot more simpler.

About having a bugtracker included into the boards:
I'm all for that. Same for Wiki, same for the repo. The boards offers a login API, but I'd need some coder who could change the wiki, bugtracker and repo software so it uses the logins from the boards.

Any good web developer here who wants to do that?

Hm? The bugtracker for the Pandora is pretty simple, compared to most other bugtrackers I've seen.

What was too complicated for you with it?
I can't imagine a usable bugtracker to be a lot more simpler.

About having a bugtracker included into the boards:
I'm all for that. Same for Wiki, same for the repo. The boards offers a login API, but I'd need some coder who could change the wiki, bugtracker and repo software so it uses the logins from the boards.

Any good web developer here who wants to do that?

I have a few concerns with some of this.  I don't remember what was required to be able to edit the wiki, but the fact that the wiki and repo aren't parts of the forum might reduce abuse.  In a perfect world it wouldn't be a problem, but what is to stop someone who gets a bit upset one day from going and leaving a mess all over the repo reviews and messing up the wiki?  The wiki should be an easy fix, but that means someone has to go and check/fix everything.  Is there a way to see the activity of users?  If so, stop watching me. :p

Back