Scummvm: 0.11.0 "preview 3" Release

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Just a quick news post to point out that I have done another 0.11.0 preview release (this really is the last one I hope before the official 0.11.0 release).

You can find more information on my ScummVM news page.

Thanks to Manjuu and SBock for the help testing the fixes in the preview 3 build.

Any feedback on this release would be most appreciated as I am unable to test myself.

How to provide feedback?

In order to help me keep track of requests, bugs etc. I am asking that people kindly report such issues to the correct places (or at least copy them there). I don't spend all my time looking at forums and bug reports placed on random internet forums are never very helpful to me (i.e. they are very unlikely to get fixed). The same applies to feature requests etc. etc.

If you would like me to consider a feature or fix a bug help me to help you by ensuring the reports end up recorded in the one official place.Note: Feature Requests for 0.11.0 are closed but any requests will be looked at for the next release.

Last edited by a moderator:
xcen said:
edit: oh... I found a IHNMAIMS CD while cleaning up yesterday! this is going to be cool =)
Cool, can you let me know how you get on? Really interested to know how it runs.

To be honest be prepared for the graphics being a little nasty due to the scaling from 640*480 320*240. Not sure how well the game will play other then that.

yeah that's for sure (graphics) I'm installing this here at work but the CD is home... have to go see the GF after but she works later on so I should have a chance to test it tonight.

My main PC is acting up so I have to do some work on that too

ahh, computers.

Tested in GP2X F200.

Lure of the Temptress works fine but there seems to be a problem with the "action menu" (weird key repeat?). For example: if i push down in the pad, "selection" usually dont go down until i push it more times, making it hard to chose the proper action.

Fiu said:
Tested in GP2X F200

Lure of the Temptress works fine but there seems to be a problem with the "action menu" (weird key repeat?). For example: if i push down in the pad, "selection" usually dont go down until i push it more times, making it hard to chose the proper action.
Yes, I can confim this. The key repeat in the menu makes the selection a little bit difficult. On the F-200 more than with the joystck of the F-100 when you don't use the touchscreen for selection.

I noticed a weird bug since version pre 3. Maniac Mansion/V2/English/Amiga crashes ScummVM sometimes at startup or there is sound distortion. Can somebody confirm this bug? Happens on my F-100 and on the F-200.

Regards,
Stephan

Fiu said:
Tested in GP2X F200.

I didn't notice this as I use touchscreen most of the time. :p

It does make it harder to navigate the selection pop-up. It reminds me of the difficulty in navigating with the OpenTyrian2x (v0.3) menus, as I need to press firmly or multiple times to move around. <_<

DJWillis said:
xcen said:
edit: oh... I found a IHNMAIMS CD while cleaning up yesterday! this is going to be cool =)
Cool, can you let me know how you get on? Really interested to know how it runs.

To be honest be prepared for the graphics being a little nasty due to the scaling from 640*480 320*240. Not sure how well the game will play other then that.

Hey! Quick question... do you know when this will be able to handle the Faery Tale 2 Halls Of the Dead engine

? having that on the go is going to be awesome... for me at least :)

yeah Lure works on this release (didn't on the last one for me) but vol-/vol+ triggers the same menu as the select key?

touchscreen doesn't really work well for it at all =s and the music sounds weird

trying IANMAIMS next

EDIT: blame LotT not working on me not including the necessary lure.dat, which is now provided with the app =)

Back