Mount Fallout Image?

TylerAW

Hi I have fallout in the dosbox folder under games. It is a Bin/ Cue combo and I need to know how to mount and run this? I tried default and I tried making my own profile but none of them seem to find a image file is bin/ cue not supported?

And yes I know Fallout 1 has no change of running that well at all.

I think you might have to extract the files to a folder and then tell dosbox to run 'fallout.exe' whatever the .exe is called. If that doesn't work you might have to run a 'setup.exe' to install it. I might be wrong though; I don't have much experience with DosBox.

I think you might have to extract the files to a folder and then tell dosbox to run 'fallout.exe' whatever the .exe is called. If that doesn't work you might have to run a 'setup.exe' to install it. I might be wrong though; I don't have much experience with DosBox.
They are extracted lol it is not a rar folder it is a folder called "fallout1" and inside it has plenty of stuff including a fallout.exe file and a CD folder with a .bin and .cue file. It even has a dosbox config file that came with it but I do not know how to use it.

My problem is I cannot run fallout.exe or mount the images :(

Ahh, I thought you just had the CD in bin/cue format and nothing else. Didn't realize you had fallout files plus an Image. That's odd. Anytime I've used dosbox I've just ran the .exe. I dunno, maybe somebody else can shed some light on it for you. I'm sure with 30minutes or so googling you could figure it out.

I'm assuming you know how to use DosBox, specifically on the Pandora.

Once you've copied everything over and started dosbox and it's mounted a C drive, type the following:

Code:
imgmount d "/path/to/cdimg.cue" -t iso -fs iso

replacing /path/to/cdimg.cue with the actual path to your image. It'll be something like "/media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/dosbox/games/fallout1/disk.cue (or whatever the disk is called)

Then you should have no problem running the exe.

Once you've copied everything over and started dosbox and it's mounted a C drive, type the following:

Code:

replacing /path/to/cdimg.cue with the actual path to your image. It'll be something like "/media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/dosbox/games/fallout1/disk.cue (or whatever the disk is called)

Ok Fallout.cue is mounted but it still says illegal command for fallout.exe lol

Code:

Ok Fallout.cue is mounted but it still says illegal command for fallout.exe lol

Did you remember to "cd" to the fallout directory first?
OK I got it to run but the images were not mounted it went to the fallout loading screen and than it crashed I think. Also when I try to change settings in the dosbox config exe it changes default.conf to it's default settings :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I got it mounted and than I ran fallout.exe it goes to the loading screen and than it loads a lot of stuff from my SD card and it crashes back to dosbox! What did I do wrong?

All I did was change the fallout.cue and .bin file from their cd directory to the root.

You know it is possible I'm running the full windows version lol I remember the dos one taking up a lot less space than 1.2 GBs. Also in the readme it says there is an install.exe but at 1.2 GBs it seems that it is already installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it just goes to the Fallout Loading screen and than exits to dos inside the folder fallout1 but the mouse is disabled so I have to type in exit.

I got to an install screen but than it said there is not enough disk space when I tried to install.

Excellent! I was just about to hit up GoG and buy it just so I could help figure it out. :)

Nevermind it works :)
How is the performance? I thought Fallout would run way too slow.
Well with all sound disabled, frameskip set to 4, clocked at 1ghz it runs sort of ok. Movies are too slow and walking around is slow but surprisingly the combat is running faster than walking!

Are there any speed hacks Im missing? I swear finding some of this info is hard lol.

If there are no speed hacks than any hope for an arm compiled version?

Bump for any tweaks? I'm interested in seeing this work...
You have to disable everything you wont be needing to make it faster. Joystiq, all version of sounds, frameskip up etc... It really is not that playable but the point is u can go into combat and walk around and do stuff and it won't crash or anything.

This really gives me hope that when somebody writes a full arm pandora dos box from scratch this should be playable.

Back