Need halp with DOSbox

NESnero

Right now Im trying to mount and install a Mechwarrior Mercenaries .cue file onto DOSbox with no succes.

I followed this guide http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:MechWarrior_2

But when i tried to mount my .cue file using "imgmount c \pandora\appdata\winbox-1\games\mech\MERCENARIESDOSWIN.cue -t iso -fs iso"

It said it could not locate the image. I mounted the file on my Windows computer and simply dragged the files from there into the SD, then launched the setup.exe directly from DOSbox, using "cd mech" "SETUP.EXE" or just "SETUP"

but that did not work either, it said somehting along the lines of "invalid win setup.exe"

Does anyoen have any experience with or has installed mechwarrior games onto DOSbox, I could use some halp, i've looked through many guides, but none too fitting for a DOS noob.

Did you use the dosboxfe maybe? This is a lot more comfortable

Are you trying to download .iso files directly on your Pandora?

Last edited:
Ok, never tried this new recompilation, just the older one. That includes a frontend, that make editing easy.

Right now Im trying to mount and install a Mechwarrior Mercenaries .cue file onto DOSbox with no succes.

I followed this guide http://www.dosbox.co...S:MechWarrior_2

But when i tried to mount my .cue file using "imgmount c \pandora\appdata\winbox-1\games\mech\MERCENARIESDOSWIN.cue -t iso -fs iso"

It said it could not locate the image. I mounted the file on my Windows computer and simply dragged the files from there into the SD, then launched the setup.exe directly from DOSbox, using "cd mech" "SETUP.EXE" or just "SETUP"

but that did not work either, it said somehting along the lines of "invalid win setup.exe"

Does anyoen have any experience with or has installed mechwarrior games onto DOSbox, I could use some halp, i've looked through many guides, but none too fitting for a DOS noob.

not sure if it's the cause but looks like your using the wrong slashes in your directory.. also according to this dosbox tutorial the directory was encased in double quotes.

imgmount c \pandora\appdata\winbox-1\games\mech\MERCENARIESDOSWIN.cue -t iso -fs iso

should be

imgmount c "/pandora/appdata/winbox-1/games/mech/MERCENARIESDOSWIN.cue" -t iso -fs iso

My Pandora is getting repaired so I can't give you details. but there is a config file were you can add commands that get ran when dosbox gets started.. you can open that config file with a regular text editor and enter what you need there.

Last edited by a moderator:
is /pandora.... really the right path? I would have expected something like /media/mycard/pandora/appdata

also dont mount the cd to the C drive, mount to the D

sounds like the setup you ran is for the windows version.

and mech warrior 2 is a very recent dos app, its not going to be playable on the pandora. Dosbox on pandora at best is able to emulate vga games for 286/386. It can only handle about 5000 cycles. I assume for mech2 your going to need something the ten's of thousand range.

Even aside from Pickle's comment about the speed. From what I remember, it was "Install.exe" for the DOS install and "Setup.exe" for the Windows... Though I'm not sure where my game disc is to double check.

Ahhh, I miss this game. There was even primative map making support

DOSbox isnt letting me put in quotation marks.... so that´s : and " that I cant put in...

A dirty workaround for this is to enter the command into a text file, and save it as a batch file (eg. mech.bat) in your C:\ location. Then you can run it from the DOSBox command line by typing mech.

If you keep the batch file open alongside DOSBox, you can edit the commands in real time as needed, pressing Ctrl-F4 in DOSBox to refresh the mounted image after each saved change.

I have this game, i installed it on my pc dosbox and it works fine. One change I had to so was set the drive freespace to something large, i used 1000 mb. I used a bin/cue image.

Also came across the min req as a Pentium 90 mhz, so no way this is playable for pandora.

Back