Image not supported PSX

TylerAW

I tried to get Mega Man X4 to work but I got an error on loading a bin/cue files any advice? Running latest PSX reARMed

It should be fine - Mega Man X4 works, and bin/cue is one of the best formats to be using. It would be very helpful if you could provide the exact text of the error message, please. :p

Being short on that information right now, all I can suggest is to try erasing the rip from your SD Card and re-copying it to see if that fixes the problem (just on the off-chance that it was somehow corrupted when being written to the card), or, failing that, re-ripping your disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks!

I've never seen that error message before, but from the looks of it, my previous suggestion still stands, at least for the moment. :lol:

i had that message often and had to reinstall a new bios and pscx rearmed v8.

Last edited:
And then as I recall all was fine, right?...because I think Tyler has other games already running fine and dandy?
yes thank g.d ....i love it now :rolleyes:

thought maybe i might have a bit of input since that message will never be forgotten :eek:

Sony...thanks for remembering me....for better or worse!! :p

Last edited:
So install a bios and all good?
Well it worked for me as Sony knows.

Like i said i got that message every time. Now i really can enjoy the PSX emulator and all it has to offer.

Let me know if that works...please.

Last edited:
So install a bios and all good?
Well it worked for me as Sony knows.

Like i said i got that message every time. Now i really can enjoy the PSX emulator and all it has to offer.

Let me know if that works...please.
It did not I tried reinstalling it and than I tried SOTN and the same error inside the SOTN folder I have the following files:

Castlevania - SOTN (Track 1).7z

Castlevania - SOTN (Track 2).ape

Castlevania - SOTN.cue

I have researched you're posts and I have found that this emulator like many complex software on the Pandora has little support it seems :( .

First off would people on these forums please stop saying "I find such n such very user friendly" when somebody is having trouble running it, not only does it turn them off it gives a bad name for the users on these forums and new people are less likely to stay and/ or buy a Pandora hmm?

I tried changing the name of the files to

SOTN.cue

SOTN (Track 1).bin

SOTN (Track 2).bin

I also have a bios file the proper US one and it loads when I tell it to load the bios file but it does not want to run CD images.

Still the same error don't you think something might be wrong with the software?

Nvm it runs just fine :) I was running those stupid .erm files that need to be opened in windows, why do people even bother with those?!

Glad to hear you got it sorted TylerAW :)

I would have thought the issue would have been the .7z file, as I think it should be unzipped to reveal the proper .bin file inside. I dont think PCSX supports any compressed formats, at least in pre revision8 versions anyway.

I wouldn't agree that PCSX is lacking in support from its author though but the thread for it is on the Gp32x boards here http://www.gp32x.de...3-pcsx-rearmed/ (64 pages of it)

where notaz responds quickly to any support issues and reports of incompatible games (people recently reported SOTN has some slow down issues and he's looking at that). He's already done amazing amounts and 8 revisions to get things to where they are, all so he could play a few games he fancied! Meanwhile also working on the firmware, wifi drivers and other issues.

He will also be attempting to add touchscreen light gun game support at some point, as his time and experiments allow. So among others, he's one of the folk that make the Pandora as good as she is :)

I agree its not nice if people seeking support feel attacked, brushed off or infuriated by others having no issue but I find that rarely happens here if people ask politely. A few folk did seem to run into a veritable shitstorm of weird issues lately, whereas Sony has had a very smooth ride with his Pandora. I've got a few programs I've never quite figured out but rarely had many issues, only having to reflash once lately on my 3rd unit and I know feck all to do with linux. So I've also had a fairly lucky time. These boards are filled with helpful and knowledgeable types and a level of maturity rare elsewhere imho and thank a deity of your choosing for that :)

Nvm it runs just fine :) I was running those stupid .erm files that need to be opened in windows, why do people even bother with those?!
Glad you found the answer and sorry i could not help you more. ;)

Glad to hear you got it sorted TylerAW :)

I would have thought the issue would have been the .7z file, as I think it should be unzipped to reveal the proper .bin file inside. I dont think PCSX supports any compressed formats, at least in pre revision8 versions anyway.

I wouldn't agree that PCSX is lacking in support from its author though but the thread for it is on the Gp32x boards here http://www.gp32x.de...3-pcsx-rearmed/ (64 pages of it)

where notaz responds quickly to any support issues and reports of incompatible games (people recently reported SOTN has some slow down issues and he's looking at that). He's already done amazing amounts and 8 revisions to get things to where they are, all so he could play a few games he fancied! Meanwhile also working on the firmware, wifi drivers and other issues.

He will also be attempting to add touchscreen light gun game support at some point, as his time and experiments allow. So among others, he's one of the folk that make the Pandora as good as she is :)

I agree its not nice if people seeking support feel attacked, brushed off or infuriated by others having no issue but I find that rarely happens here if people ask politely. A few folk did seem to run into a veritable shitstorm of weird issues lately, whereas Sony has had a very smooth ride with his Pandora. I've got a few programs I've never quite figured out but rarely had many issues, only having to reflash once lately on my 3rd unit and I know feck all to do with linux. So I've also had a fairly lucky time. These boards are filled with helpful and knowledgeable types and a level of maturity rare elsewhere imho and thank a deity of your choosing for that :)
Yes SOTN has slowdown even at 900Mhz all though it is pretty much 59-61 FPS my real problem with SOTN is it had some graphical errors like lines on the screen n such, as if the video signal was breaking up slightly.

Back