Most wanted

The very first one maybe.

I mentioned it momentarily in the halflife 2d thread but what about a flash player of some sort? Would that really be a difficult thing to create?

Defintely with Shiro on this one. Colonization was awesome. I had it on an old 386 with Gunship 2000, and World Class Leaderboard Golf. I will look for sources for these before I post to ask for port/conversion.

On a side note, has anyone got Gunship working with Castaway?

REMAKE

Crusader: No Remorse/Regret! :D BOOYA! :D It's too bad that Origin Systems Inc. has been basicly dissovled though; the makers. Ultima 8 wouldn't be a bad idea either, let alone any of the Ultimas.

Info on Crusader: No Remorse

Info on Crusader: No Regret

A team that seems to be working on remaking Ultima 8/No Remorse/Regret for PC. Not much info on their Sourceforge site though.

These games don't seem to take up too much space. About 50 megs or so for Crusader: No Remorse w/o movies.

Those games were so sweet, they gave such good memories... the chairman, broiler (groiler?) gun, using terminals to control bipedal robots, the UV gun, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow yeah I agree toonstruck is one off the most entertaning and amusing adventure games off all time. Wow if that was ported it would be amazing.

I'm (hopefully) gonna be making a Smash bros. RPG/ Sonic battle sorta game, although unlus multiple moves can b made on gigas itll be pretty poor

So far ive made character sheets for Link, Kirby, Mario, a crap Pikachu, and Ash from pokemon, whose attack is to throw pokeballs

There would need to be emulation of soundblaster hardware and also a 1MB graphics card for anything useful. Once you've done this and you have DOS in memory, there's going to be barely any RAM to actually run games - maybe 4MB at most.
cetero censeo...

a DOS Emu must be coded

BTW: pocketDOS has no vga emulation!

Write back if I'm wrong
- DOS was only able to adress 640k, so 4MB is a lot
- 320x240/8-bit screen resulution need a graph buffer of about 64 k
- Processor emulation have to be real good, 'cause all imaging is done by it (emulated!)
- custom chip-> soundblaster 8-bit
- vga video chips didn't have any "acceleration" although it would be good for emulation (native)

No one wants to emulate win

GP32
-> has got enough ram
-> has got fast processor

give it a chance!

Josquius posted on May 10 2004 said:
Castaway=???
Chatboard= a little keyboard thing???
Castaway is an Atari ST emulator and a chatboard is basically an erricson phone texting chatboard modified with use for the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
The source for an interpreter for FFE (frontier first encounters) can be found - maybe - here; at least, that's the official page. This is a mirror of that page, though how recent it is, I don't know; the original one doesn't load for me.

I had a look at it though, and whilst the guy claims it has a working SDL port (which theoretically ought to be fairly straight forware as a port, at least to those who are fairly good at it), it also has a couple of decompiled ASM files ammounting to about 2 megs of code or so. Whether or not these are actually used, I haven't a clue - but somehow I suspect they may be (I haven't a clue how to find out). If not, then it ought to be SDL, and therefore straight forward. If yes, then it would be a mammoth project and require someone who knew a LOT about assemby (bearing in mind its reverse enginered anyway).

I haven't heard of the source for Frontier Elite 2 being out. Tried it on Castaway a while back, but to be honest, I found it too slow. Which is a pain, but there we go...

Maybe if Skeezix implements Cyclone, once its finished, it (and a few other 3D games) might run slightly better - that would be oh so nice :D.

Back