Most Nerdies Geekiest Thing You Can Do With Your Pandora

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
So this topic is not for the immediate realizible but for the utter nerdy applications for the pandora.

all I can come up with is a washing machine simulator but there must be more nerdy like things

edit: never mind all the typos

I wanna play Tennis For Two on it, with a circular cut-out overlay for the screen. I'd like to play Missile Attack (it's not the real name, but back then nobody had yet thought of actually naming video games), but where to find the vacuum tubes?

How about a background application that would say every letter you type in the style of a Speak & Spell along with game controls that go pow peeoowwwnng ratatatatatat boom.

Nerdy AND annoying!

Karel Jansens said:
I wanna play Tennis For Two on it, with a circular cut-out overlay for the screen. I'd like to play Missile Attack (it's not the real name, but back then nobody had yet thought of actually naming video games), but where to find the vacuum tubes?

you'd probably need to emulate an oscilloscope for that :D

For myself I was thinking of making a noisemaker, and it would work in such a way that you would load an image in it and by using the touchscreen it would make a noise that corresponded to the color on the image. Then I would try to create a composition using paint and a specific way of drawing through the custom image. (generating a 'song') sadly I cannot code nor write music let alone draw music in paint :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
For myself I was thinking of making a noisemaker, and it would work in such a way that you would load an image in it and by using the touchscreen it would make a noise that corresponded to the color on the image. Then I would try to create a composition using paint and a specific way of drawing through the custom image. (generating a 'song') sadly I cannot code nor write music let alone draw music in paint :D
Sounds a little bit like the unfortunately named Touch & Tell, also from TI. :lol: I had one when I was a kid, and I think it was actually more fun when I'd technically outgrown it, and would just keep spamming a button to make noise.

TouchnTell.jpg

Ah, good times. :D

Running a circuit board design program to lay out a pcb that is to drive a stepper mkotor based punchcard maker?

In all reality, I think running gdb on a host PC to a remote app on the panda for debugging purposes, of an obscure emulator .. thats pretty damned nerd.

jeff

Stacking up an entire table full of USB gadgets and plugging the whole lot through a hub:

CDRW/DVD Drive
Floppy Drive
External Hard-Disk
Web-Cam
Printer
Scanner
Keyboard
Mouse
Ethernet Adapter
Game Pad
Drawing Tablet

ashdjones said:
Stacking up an entire table full of USB gadgets and plugging the whole lot through a hub:

CDRW/DVD Drive
Floppy Drive
External Hard-Disk
Web-Cam
Printer
Scanner
Keyboard
Mouse
Ethernet Adapter
Game Pad
Drawing Tablet
Make sure you attach it to the biggest TV you can find - a 50" Plasma should be the minimum sized considered. ;)

Hey, Ma, come look at my portable system!

Add an elaborate spring catch assembly that snaps shut the lid if an unauthorized person tries to use it OWCH!

This can also be used as a mouse trap with addition of a little bit of cheese!

Take my keypad and mouse always with me, also with my iWear on, wiimote for controlling this thing etc. Should be awesome.
I guess I m a real nerd anyway so I don't have to change much. How often do you see people making ansi art in the public?

I was thinking of writing an Enigma Machine emulator for it.

(Yes, I know Enigma emulators already exist. Don't spoil my fun!)

How about a program that laughs when you make a really nerdy (and unfunny to other people) joke. Or one that allows you to track the progress of your dishwasher while on the move! :D

Back