Mortal Kombat on Mame?

Just tried Mortal Kombat and Mame4all only boots MK1, it runs fine though and is full speed.

Panmame boots MK 1 & 2 but neither is playable.

Mortal Kombat runs great on Mame4all. Mortal Kombat II I gave up on. Honestly I had a hard time running that on my android.

There are DOS versions of Mortal Kombat 1 to 3 that are the same quality of the Arcade versions, I'm curious how well they play with Dosbox.. I know I have MK2 in my DOS collection somewhere buried in some box in my home, I just need to dig it out.

There are DOS versions of Mortal Kombat 1 to 3 that are the same quality of the Arcade versions.

I saw the DOS versions at that time and they are nowhere near the Arcade quality. Sure, the sprites were big too, but I think the resolution was inferior, the sound was inferior, and the scrolling was awful, as usual for most DOS games.

On a side parenthesis which MK edition is the best. From memory i recall ultimate MK3 having blown my mind but then again i didn't require much back then.

I saw the DOS versions at that time and they are nowhere near the Arcade quality.

+1

MK for mame is awesome. I just wish it'd be possible to play MK2 or 3 fullspeed

There are chances if someone will implement ASM cores in PanMame.

Other options can be a porting of a very old Mame version for the Pandora (maybe Mame 0.37b16) or a possible future support in FBA Romset.

I saw the DOS versions at that time and they are nowhere near the Arcade quality.

+1

MK for mame is awesome. I just wish it'd be possible to play MK2 or 3 fullspeed

There are chances if someone will implement ASM cores in PanMame.

Other options can be a porting of a very old Mame version for the Pandora (maybe Mame 0.37b16) or a possible future support in FBA Romset.

Is anyone working on the ASM cores? Has it ever been discussed?

I'd love to see the asmcores in there, too but I'm afraid I can't do it as stated in the releasethread.

The source is up though, if anyone wants to give it a try.

Back