Mortal Kombat on Mame?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Hello everyone,

I just tried Mortal Kombat on FBA and PanMame last night and I was surprised how sluggish it was. Is there a clear reason for that?

Would it work better on other MAME versions?

Yes, its basically speed vs compatibility/accurate emulation in MAME. Older versions favour speed, but they can't play as much games.

Yes, its basically speed vs compatibility/accurate emulation in MAME. Older versions favour speed, but they can't play as much games.
Thats how tegra3 is going to change all that most games run fullspeed on my transformer prime inc sh2 and 68ec020 based psx based and a shed load of others everthing so far runs full or 80 90% cant wait for the wikipad could be a game changer for me then hopefully mobile mame will be totally possible.

Thats how tegra3 is going to change all that most games run fullspeed on my transformer prime inc sh2 and 68ec020 based psx based and a shed load of others everthing so far runs full or 80 90% cant wait for the wikipad could be a game changer for me then hopefully mobile mame will be totally possible.

Apparently the Wikipad is based on Android... far from being my ideal system. I have no love for these touch interfaces - those are going completely backward in terms of usability. Having no keyboard is not very good for emulation either, for most of the computer games....

Any idea where I should add this info ? Ideally a new page is the best place for this. Is anyone willing to help to gather information ? (thats the point of a wiki, after all : collaboration).

There should be sites for the different mame versions already.

On MAME EX, MK works. Its far from fullspeed, but i played it a lot on MAME EX recently. *Guilty pleasure* :)

Thanks for reporting - so it seems that there is no way for it to run fullspeed on current Mame version, basically ?

nope :/

but hey.. test MK on SEGA CD [best version so far apart from arcade ] and MK2 on GENESIS or PSX [best version so far apart from arcade]

btw. check y'r email, ekianjo

https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_VpYouPGBU?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the recommendation. Id prefer to get the arcade versions if possible as tge sprites are so much bigger and colorful than the versions you mentioned. I remember MK2 in arcades and it was really not the same on home consoles :)

midway games drivers for mame are known for lack of optimisation [MK / Terminator Arcade / Revolution X], so even if somebody run it on OC Panda on 1500Mhz :) , it will not be fullspeed. Im getting Revolution X fullspeed on 1,7ghz system :)

It works at full speed on an old version of MAME.

I'm not sure why people are saying to overclock to 1500mhz?

I'm pretty sure you can run it on the Wiz at full speed too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back