Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me? Nominated? Ooh.

Well, I'd do it, I'm on here enough ;)

I also nominate WarmFluffy, or, failing that, TelcoLou to whip us all back into shape again :)

nickspoon posted on Aug 8 2006 at 08:13 AM said:
TelcoLou to whip us all back into shape again :)
Seconded ^ 2

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
DaClassic... No. Just no, okay?

Paradox, no. YOu have no sense of irony. And you have people on your ignore list. Not good for a wannabee Mod.

In fact, all you people that want to be a Mod, or just come on here if someone names you saying, "Ooh, yes please!" should not be mods.

Why do people want this anyway? What do you want, apart from power? And what is the problem? There isn't one! The mods do just fine, you are all making problems up to try to get your power fix. Last time we had a Mod shake p, everyone complained about this post and that just out of sour grapes that they weren't chosen! Just daft!

Anyway, I hate the thought of some snotty kid telling me what to do! I'm fucking old!!!

And no, I don't want to do this job. We don't need any. Close this thread!

Humph!

(Unless it's Loubear, he's da Aces!!!)

Dzz posted on Aug 4 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
If we need another moderator, my suggestions would be David Beoulve, Goity, or Epicenter
Based on what? I think Epicenter is pretty much OK, and Gioty I guess, but what is David doing there? Unlesss of course it is a joke, he is a really big newb, it would be tough for him to decide fairly on technical arguments or help other newbs.

lubidog posted on Aug 9 2006 at 08:19 AM said:
Anyway, I hate the thought of some snotty kid telling me what to do! I'm fucking old!!!

And no, I don't want to do this job. We don't need any. Close this thread!

Humph!

(Unless it's Loubear, he's da Aces!!!)
I just hate the thought of some snotty kid telling me what to do . . . WITH Penis references :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: . (no offense Loubear, I do like you, kinda the way you like a hyper puppy)

nubie posted on Aug 9 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
Dzz posted on Aug 4 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
If we need another moderator, my suggestions would be David Beoulve, Goity, or Epicenter
Based on what? I think Epicenter is pretty much OK, and Gioty I guess, but what is David doing there? Unlesss of course it is a joke, he is a really big newb, it would be tough for him to decide fairly on technical arguments or help other newbs.
I don't think the purpose of a moderator is to make decisions on technical arguments or to help newbies. You don't need special powers to do those things. The purpose of a moderator is to be around a lot, keep things organized, and most importantly get rid of the crap. It just struck me that David was particularly sensitive to whether things going on conformed to civilized discourse. However, he doesn't seem to be around as much as he once was so maybe he isn't a good choice.

WarmFluffyUK and Nickspoon would also be good choices.

This may all be academic though, I don't even know that the forum organizers are looking for new mods.

I would vote making Telcolou mod again, but I guess he probably doesn't want it. Aside from that, I agree with Dzz in ^^^ post.

I vote for Epicenter.

But remember, dude - this isn't SA, if you ban someone they can jump right back in. It's a lot harder to command respect/fear when people aren't facing the prospect of losing $10 every time they wrong you.

Btw Azure, stop bitching about me not being on the forums when I DON'T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. I popped in for 2 minutes at work to check on my friends, it takes a lot more time than that to moderate the forums. Should have internet in a couple of days.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 10 2006 at 03:45 PM said:
Jeez, you guys over in the UK lose internet pretty often, no :huh:

Do you all have a common shitty provider or something?
No, I moved into a new house. ADSL takes time to set up. Now shut it.

lubidog posted on Aug 9 2006 at 04:19 PM said:
Why do people want this anyway? What do you want, apart from power? And what is the problem? There isn't one! The mods do just fine, you are all making problems up to try to get your power fix. Last time we had a Mod shake p, everyone complained about this post and that just out of sour grapes that they weren't chosen! Just daft!

Seconded.

There is no problem with the sitch we have at the moment, the boards aren't out of control or anything.

Apart from that, I vote lubidog, his biznitch is the shiznit.

lubidog posted on Aug 9 2006 at 04:19 PM said:
DaClassic... No. Just no, okay?

Paradox, no. YOu have no sense of irony. And you have people on your ignore list. Not good for a wannabee Mod.

im british, we are the kinds of irony.

(seriously why would you say that?)

why cant i have people on my ignore list who i want to ignore? and why is that not good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back