Modding A Wii

Ok, I've bought one wiikey and made a fine, fine job installing it, no short circuits, the circuit has 0 resistance between the modchip and the alternate pads on that philips IC, everything went smooth, but that damn freakin' wii won't let me play any backup :(

Regular games do play ok, but everytime I load a copy it hangs with a black screen of death telling me to reboot, did this happened with anybody else? Do I have to run that setup disc first time I've installed the modchip or just when trying to do something fancy?

I'm about to throw myself of the window!

try the setup disc first, if that doesnt work, Check you soldered to the correct points, if you soldered to the correct points, make sure your WiiKey is official and not a clone, if its official contact the place you got it from and ask for a replacement as it was dead on arrival, if they say no, contact Wiikey and tell them

:)

Does anyone succeeded in modding a wii and then running a game without that setup disc?
That black screen is damn creepy haha
I'm gonna go try this tomorrow at night, as soon as I borrow a dvd-burner
I hope everything is caused just by the lack of running the setup disc....

it should work without the setup disc, But at least if you try the setup disc and it reads that, you know its something wrong with your games that you have copied.

yoyoyoyoyoyoyo said:
Mine wont save the settings when I turn off the system. damn it!
its not suposed to... When you change the settings to On or what ever it is and then you run the setup disc again and it says Off, They are actually still On (just the screen says off...) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, don't you ever try to run anything under wiikey before running setup disc, if you do so you'll end up with a black screen of death telling you that something bad happened and you must reboot...

Now I've bought a new dvd burner capable of burning wiikey's setup disk, I've ran the disk and so NFS carbon which never worked before, and now it do work! BUT the setup disc don't work, I'm able to run it but when in setup, controller don't seem to work, what's that???? I've tried with both my wii nunchucks and my wii-classic-gaming controller

I've gotta be adolf hitler in my past life to deserve being mocked so much with my wii......... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Do I have to try it with GC controllers?

At least I'm glad that NFS works :)

The WiiKey setup disc runs in GC mode so you need a GC controller :) Or use the reset button on the Wii. Pressing reset for a short time will move the cursor, holding the button for one second selects the current thing

you can now get a WiiKey clone for $7.85 (or something like that), But personally I wouldnt use one.

Back