Mmog Is Possibly After All

GuchaRU

It's my first post here =)
So. I read topic http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=41571 of makeing mmo and think about similar idea.
What do u think about make game server on php and client on pandora (and maybe other devices too)?
Furthermore I can make server. Operating with client is http or socket acess. Client only recieve data and send user actions on server.
About game: it's maybe RTS or TBS, or somethink like "rpg arena".

Last edited by a moderator:
My humble advice would be against PHP for this (since I tried myself). I've had great results with Python and Twisted though.

I don't know python, only php and delphi.
But I already make few simple online games based on php so it's not so bad to use php. Besides I already make game like I describe above (server on php and client on delphi) so it's works =)

I've had terrible performance on php with thousands of mostly idle connections (common in games). Twisted handled itself gracefully well over 20k.

The cleaner syntax is also a boon.

Hmm... I don't think so. Many of online games maked on php because php is very good language for internet programming.
Anyway it is the only language I can make online game =)
If someone wants to cooperate with me - send me PM. )

An MMO on a niche device like this is a complete waste of time. With all the work that is put into it AND constant maintenance of it it wouldn't be worth it.

Seriously think about it; you have a small community, then you have to rule out the people who dislike the genre of the game (RPG etc), account for the amount of people that could actually access some form of internet and then you have the whole global factor of where everyone lives.

This type of game would really only work with organised sessions with people in the locality of the host.

I don't mean to crap all over the idea but I'd rather see enthusiastic devs produce a single player game (multiplayer if you really wanted it) rather than head down the path of where this game will go.

In another thread there was talk about making an MMO RPG Zombie Apocalypse game but it has since steered away from the MMO genre (to my understand anyway).

Stop thinking about a MMORPG and make a MOFPS (MultiplayerOnlineFirstPersonShooter). =P

Codemonkey said:
Stop thinking about a MMORPG and make a MOFPS (MultiplayerOnlineFirstPersonShooter). =P
Or better yet, Single Player and online Multiplayer. I still think it would be neat to have an MMO though. I suppose I could always play some browser based game anyways.
Oh Well

Last edited by a moderator:
An MMO on a niche device like this is a complete waste of time. With all the work that is put into it AND constant maintenance of it it wouldn't be worth it.

Seriously think about it; you have a small community, then you have to rule out the people who dislike the genre of the game (RPG etc), account for the amount of people that could actually access some form of internet and then you have the whole global factor of where everyone lives.

No one sayd this game only for pandora :)
If game be on php (and comunicate with http) then anyone can make client for any platforms even like ds or psp or maybe pda.
And if game will contain single mode it will be different then mmog.
My idea is simple: make server on php as I say earler, and client on the pandora and any other diveces if someone will want to do these clients.
Furthermore even I maybe can make WIN client (I already has base code for it) on delphi (if someone wants to get source code I will send it).

Only I wants to say here: is anyone would like to cooperate with me.

PS - one more sorry for my very bad english :rolleyes:

Back