Mmc Cards

beanfarmer

Website
Visit site
hay people i have an mmc left over from my old ngage i also have a 64mb sandisk sd card, the mmc is a 128mb bytestor will these work or will i have to get a new sd (a sandisk ultra 2) after xmas?

please reply soon thanx

I assume you're referring the the GP32 there beanfarmer.
Just to be clear: GP32 only accepts MMC cards, GP2x only accepts SD cards. However, there's a possibility that a SD card under 128MBs will not work on a GP2x but this is unconfirmed.

the GP32 only work with SMC (smart media card) the GP2X works with SD and MMC (but not all brands). Thats it, no other cards are supported for both handhelds

One limitation of SMC cards afaik is you cannot update the firmware from any SMC card.

DijiTao posted on Dec 17 2005 at 06:47 PM said:
One limitation of SMC cards afaik is you cannot update the firmware from any SMC card.
What you mean to say is MMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confusion...

GP32 takes SMCs, which are the thin cards that only go up to 128MB. Nothing else.
GP2X takes SD (in priority) and also takes MMC (some brands). SDs and MMCs are the same size and shape. SD goes up to 4GB (though not supported yet). I'm not sure how far MMC goes, I think it's 1GB. MMCs do not flash, for that you will need an SD.

Back