Mk2 Fw2 Lcd Brightness Problem

DrDerekDoctors

Still Fresh
Okay, just got my machine this morning and it's pretty lovely however there are a few oddities. I played a movie and it was very dark so I thought I'd up the brightness. I go into the Settings>LCD option and drag the slider and all that happens is the screen jumps around all over the place for an instant before settling back, but the brightness doesn't change one iota. What's the deal? Eep!

Thanks,

that slider is to adjust refresh rate.... not brightnes....
you can use the lcd tweaker from the archive for gamma

D'oh! Thanks! Thing is, that it's only video playback that seems dark - everything else is lovely and vibrant.
In that case, change the brightness level on your program which converts your films to .avi files to play on the GP2x. I use DVDX (freeware) - there is an option marked "Luminence" which does this, if you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

D'oh! Thanks! Thing is, that it's only video playback that seems dark - everything else is lovely and vibrant.
In that case, change the brightness level on your program which converts your films to .avi files to play on the GP2x. I use DVDX (freeware) - there is an option marked "Luminence" which does this, if you need it.

Hmm, I kinda' got a GP2X so I didn't have to convert stuff and I could play the same files on my GP2X as on my PC. Still, if I just have to faff with the alpha before watching a video that's no great inconvenience. :)

Hmm, I kinda' got a GP2X so I didn't have to convert stuff and I could play the same files on my GP2X as on my PC. Still, if I just have to faff with the alpha before watching a video that's no great inconvenience. :)
If you want to playback files which are large (eg films, shows, etc) you will HAVE to compress them with a utility like the above, which rely on XVid, but have the advantage of making about an hour's video about 200-300Mb in size (instead of a few gigs), which easily fits on an SD card...

i dont convert anything, ever...
havent had brightnes probs so far either...
but as i sayd, just use the lcd tweaker and adjust the gamma for your needs.

Back