Gngeo Selector Too Bright ??? & Lcd Settings

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
i don't know if this is supposed to be like that but with me the neogeo selector is very very bright on the lcd screen i can hardly read any part of the screen. I looked at the picture in windows and it's supposed to be green on my gp2x it's bright yellow. Does anyone else have this ?

firmware 1.4.0

also when i use the lcd settings in the settings menu and slide the bar somewhat further nothing happens at all i mean i see no diffrence in brightness what so ever or any change on that mona lisa picture shown in the left corner. Is this normal ?

joyrider posted on Apr 9 2006 at 12:43 PM said:
i don't know if this is supposed to be like that but with me the neogeo selector is very very bright on the lcd screen i can hardly read any part of the screen. I looked at the picture in windows and it's supposed to be green on my gp2x it's bright yellow. Does anyone else have this ?

firmware 1.4.0

also when i use the lcd settings in the settings menu and slide the bar somewhat further nothing happens at all i mean i see no diffrence in brightness what so ever or any change on that mona lisa picture shown in the left corner. Is this normal ?

You can change the background ... I did :) (Then I discovered Rage2X, and use that instead)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the neogeo emulators selector is WAY to bright, but I assume that is because the gp2x screen is WAY to bright to begin with.

Also the LCD setting menu is only to mess with the timing of the screen, not the brightness or contrast. The LCD setting menu is to get rid of the wavy lines, and is supposed to help get rid of scanlines (does that poorly).

Vimacs posted on Apr 9 2006 at 06:09 PM said:
did you upgrade the kernel as well?

i believe it did, i placed the gp2xkernel.img file on my sd card and when i booted it up it said updating firmware after it had done so it showed firmware 1.4.0 on the green loading screen, i suppose it's been done then or not ?
aftwards i applied the patch

but i'm also using rage2x now much easier to work with

Last edited by a moderator:
btw: the green image might be the one seen when for example an error in gngeo occurs... could it be possible that you simply mixed up the yellow selector background with the green skin image? Still it is way too bright though but it shouldn't be yellow instead of green...

Back