Microsoft Agent For Pandora?

homestar4000

Still Fresh
Website
youtube.com
Hi, as you know Microsoft Agent will be discontinued in Windows 7. But I am not gonna focus on Windows 7, I am gonna focus on more of this (maybe) open-source Agent server by Cinnamon Software. This server will be called, Double Agent. It's basically not a stand-alone Agent server, but it emulates the Microsoft Agent server and ActiveX Control. Although it's not open-source yet, but it could be (CinSoft is Cinnamon Software).

Here is something from Microsoft's Communities:
CinSoft 7/19/2009 7:28 AM PST

Open source under a GPL license is our eventual goal. Right now, while the
code is volatile, we're not there yet, but we'd like to get it on SourceForge
this fall.

Here is the site:
http://www.cinnamonsoftware.com/double_agent.htm

Also some other people are gonna make their own open-source Agent runtimes. The only problem is, no Text-To-Speech (I think). But would it be possible to emulate the Microsoft Agent server and ActiveX control on the Pandora's OS? Also don't take this in a negative way, as I just want to know if Agent emulation will work in the Pandora.

There's a chart for this somewhere.

Basically:
1. Is it open-source?
2. Does it run on Linux?
3. Is it only based on libraries and code that are available on ARM?

If any of the answers here are "no", then probably not.
So if they're using DirectX or something, then it won't work.

But I have to ask why?
You're talking about the animated helpers like Clippy, right? Those things are a horrific waste of screen.

lulzfish said:
But I have to ask why?
You're talking about the animated helpers like Clippy, right? Those things are a horrific waste of screen.

First, I was just wondering if it an open-source Agent emulator or something will work on the Pandora. Second, I haven't used Clippy for awhile, the last time I used it when I was in 6th Grade. Most of those Agents did get annoying though. Also I am surprised that some devs are gonna miss MSAgent.

Last edited by a moderator:
lulzfish said:
+1, and a similar setup can easily be created using festival, a basic 3D model and a text box, so I don't really see why you would need the actual Agent technology for this..?

homestar4000 said:
First, I was just wondering if it an open-source Agent emulator or something will work on the Pandora. Second, I haven't used Clippy for awhile, the last time I used it when I was in 6th Grade. Most of those Agents did get annoying though. Also I am surprised that some devs are gonna miss MSAgent.

If it's open-source, it will probably work eventually, but there's very little point.
It just didn't catch on. I'm not sure why you're asking, do you seriously want this for some reason or not?

lulzfish said:
homestar4000 said:

If it's open-source, it will probably work eventually, but there's very little point.
It just didn't catch on. I'm not sure why you're asking, do you seriously want this for some reason or not?

I don't need MSAgent very much, and I just noticed that it would be kinda pointless having it. Also I can't get a Pandora until like, 2010, since my parents don't have the money right now because of the economy.

Back