A.b.e.m. Gp2x Flood

christo930

Just to let everyone know, there is a flood on alt.binaries.emulators.misc of gp2x software (emulators and homebrewn, not warez or roms). It seems to be pretty complete and has multiple versions of the same software for completeness. For those who would like to get a local copy of all (I think) the software available for the gp2x, this is a great opportunity. If you don't know what alt.binaries.emulators.misc means, do a google search for usenet. Your ISP should have a usenet server available for you to use and you can download a fully functional version of agent (30 day trial) for free from Forte's website.

Chris

PS.. It's not my flood, I'm just reporting it. It won't be there long (how long depends on your isp's server), so get it quick.

Sure I had access. That was before ATT blew a gasket and decided to save bandwidth and discontinue the binary usenet forums to save me from the Child Pron I never downloaded.

bman said:
Sure I had access. That was before ATT blew a gasket and decided to save bandwidth and discontinue the binary usenet forums to save me from the Child Pron I never downloaded.
Verizon did the same thing. Thank goodness that Earthlink outsourced their newsgroups to supernews. If I had Verizon or ATT and they dropped the newsgroups, I'd change my ISP. There are child pron groups, so why not just drop them, better yet, keep them and kill anyone who uploads or downloads child pron.
Bottom line, is that was just a bullshit excuse to drop the service since so many people don't know even exists in the first place. Usenet is probably the oldest (next to email) uses of the internet, going way back and at one point was considered the internet itself. This (gp32x.de) and one other one is the only web boards I use, the rest is usenet. I don't like having to have a separate account on 50 different boards to talk about different subjects, which are moderated. It's nice to get rid of spam, but I don't like censorship. Trolls are part of the fun of usenet and trolls usually don't last on moderated webboards. I personally would like to see a new growth of usenet users. The death of usenet would be the death of totally free speech on the internet.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back