Me And Apples, And Carrots

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Website
Visit site
Ok, whenever I eat an apple or carrot, my throat gets sore and feels really weird. Anyone have any idea why this happens?

PoisonedV said:
Ok, whenever I eat an apple or carrot, my throat gets sore and feels really weird. Anyone have any idea why this happens?
Apples can be slightly acidic to a particularly tender throat. Sometimes they help produce mucus due to sugar content. Carrots? I think it's all in your head. Apple vinegar can actually help sooth a raw throat, so honestly I think something else is causing your problem.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible that they both carry a compound of which you are allergic too, or even that you are allergic to something in both. Finally, you may be imagining the whole thing.

Sam's onto something here, it may well be pesticides. Always peel apples before eating them.

Funny thing is, calling oneself a biologist means nothing as anyone can do it so easily. All you need to do is read a book on a particular section of biology and you could call yourself it. There is no governing body handing out these terms. Which explains why it takes only 4 years to get a biology degree at Uni compared to something like architecture which takes 7 years and then an exam to get the title of architect. <--- sucks for me that one as thats what I'm aiming for at this moment in time.

Anyway back to this. It's been already said but the acid inside the apples could be the problem there. The carrots though... thats quite peculiar. Never heard anything like it. Carrots are basically made up of water with minerals and a colour to it. Personlly I don't see the problem with them. It could be a psychological one. Thats all I can narrow it down to. Have you had a traumatising experience with a carrot? Did it kill or rape a family member? (<--- Those in the know will know where thats come from. If not, then I suggest you look it up.)

hmm, I ate a carrot and my throat didnt hurt. I guess I am just fucking insane. Maybe I should eat lots to build up a tolerance?
/brbpsychiatrist

PoisonedV said:
hmm, I ate a carrot and my throat didnt hurt. I guess I am just fucking insane. Maybe I should eat lots to build up a tolerance?
/brbpsychiatrist
i called this back in reply #2 ;)

Oh and dont always peel apple skins. It can be used as roughage for high quality poos :p

Speaking of eating apples, remember the Seinfeld episode with the 'cable boy'? Kramer was telling some woman how he eats the entire apple, core and seeds included. I did that once, it's not that bad actually :)

Alex. said:
Speaking of eating apples, remember the Seinfeld episode with the 'cable boy'? Kramer was telling some woman how he eats the entire apple, core and seeds included. I did that once, it's not that bad actually :)
I learned from G.I.Joe that apple seeds have cyanide in them. :D

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/apples.asp

Knowing is half the battle! Yo Joe!

Indeed. I learned recently that tomatoes are the only part of the tomato plant that are edible- the rest are poisonous (as is the case with all nightshade).

Really interesting.

Back