Interesting Habits

1. Grabing at my face while talking.
2. I always make sure the door is shut tight before I leave.
3. bite my nails, but mine are messed and inted of biting them shorter I bite the layers thinner.
4. others I can't remmember right now.

I unhighlight/highlight text all the time, I also pick up on other peoples habits and cpy them subconsiously(sp).
lol, I do the exact same thing!
Also I say "sorry" all the time and I'm usually nice to people, this I know now was a mistake from the start as it means people cen get to you one hell of a lot easier since you've created no kind of barrier of what they can and can't do to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at this, and from previous experience, I think everyone's obsessive-compulsive to some extent or another. Some are obviously more than others, but it's in everyone. Does anyone find that it increases with stress level?

Looking at this, and from previous experience, I think everyone's obsessive-compulsive to some extent or another. Some are obviously more than others, but it's in everyone. Does anyone find that it increases with stress level?
Yes it definately increases with stress for me, but then it tends to annoy me more if i start doin my random habbits, especially the cirlce walking thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh look at all the shared quirks, well a little bit of group therapy never hurt anyone... did it?

Myself I crack parts of my body randomly, hands, wrists, neck, shoulders, ankles, knees, and jaw which is the most annoying. I have a tendency to rub my tongue on the roof of my mouth during the summer months, something to do with my hay-fever I think, which makes me sneeze, which makes me want to rub my tongue on the roof of my mouth more, it's not a fun cycle.

I sing (if you can call it that) snatches of whatever tune I've got going round in my head, or on my headphone forgetting that other people can't hear it, that gets me some odd looks. (there are a couple of times that I think I've walked down the high street singing Sweet Transvestite to myself without knowing it :lol: )

I can be fantastically pedantic about things, and have to have things I own "just so", and when I find something that I like I will use it to destruction and beyond, this applies to stationary especially.

I collect odd words, like this one I just found when looking up destruction to see if I'd got it right. "dithyramb n. 1 wild choral hymn in ancient Greece. 2 passionate or inflated poem etc.  dithyrambic adj. [Latin from Greek]", which is great but it means that I start using these words in everyday conversation, and no other bugger knows what they mean.

Like many of us it seems I’m inclined to fiddle with things while thinking, my current favourite is a quarter pound copper D20 that I bought at DragonMeet last Saturday (4th), it’s about an inch and a half across and makes such a wonderful noise when you roll it :D

One last one for now I think.

I subconsciously attempt time travel. :huh:

Back