MCC-TV

I was looking to get the MCC-216 as it also played Speccy games, which I'm a fan of.

But the Amiga support on this is not too great I hear, which I'm guessing is same with the MCC-TV version too?

Atari 2600 said to be hit n miss as well, and for me the Atari and Spectrum would be most played.

Was reading these comments over here

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67072

Still, might get one and hope the games I want to play most are ones which work well

I'll also have the 216 one in my shop. The cores are constantly being improved and AFAIK Amiga is already pretty advanced. Let me know the games you're interested in and I'll test them.

....Amiga....

Commando

Chuckie Egg

Chuck Rock

Bomb Jack

Bubble Bobble

Shadow of the Beast

Lotus Esprit Challenge

Speedball

Gauntlet

Outrun

....Spectrum....

Jack The Nipper

Project Future

Alchemist

Xenon

Wizball

Head Over Heels

If [most] of those run, and ideally with joystick as I'm pretty lame at playing with mouse/keyboards...

...Then you have a sale with me ED, cheers :)

Any idea when you expecting to get them in?

Yeah they are, but and the MIST, which now supports more than Amiga and Atari ST.

Looking at here http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=96 there are 10 systems on that now.

• ST/STE
  • Amiga 500/600
  • C64 (partially - still developed)
  • Atari 8bit ( 96%)
  • Collecovision
  • ZX81
  • Atari 2600
  • ZX Spectrum with AY
  • SEGA GENESIS
  • Apple

Looks good too

Just had a look at the compatibility spreadsheet NML32 made.

In terms of Spectrum and 2600. Looks like Spectrum core is ok(90% works) while 2600 is poor (50%).

If anyone gets one to try the Atari 800XL core there are newer beta builds to try on my website. http://www.scrameta.net.

edit:To be clear, talking about mcc216.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they are, but and the MIST, which now supports more than Amiga and Atari ST.

Looking at here http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=96 there are 10 systems on that now.

• ST/STE
  • Amiga 500/600
  • C64 (partially - still developed)
  • Atari 8bit ( 96%)
  • Collecovision
  • ZX81
  • Atari 2600
  • ZX Spectrum with AY
  • SEGA GENESIS
  • Apple

Looks good too
Yes indeed. Its only amiga cores that interest me per se. The mooted apollo board for classic amigas; now that I want, if it pans out.

Rtg support an advanced amiga chipset could be added to the fpga somewhere down the road. But I'm guessing that your aware.

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67674

Nice video.

Just a small note that the Atari 800 core is available for the MCCTV. However it has no keyboard support yet... The USB side is a little tricky because the FPGA is connected to the D+/D- lines so the cores need to handle the complexity of USB themselves. Its much more complicated than say a 9 pin joystick.

Hopefully they will do some update to the Amiga core.

I keep managing to resist picking up a MiST board. (For one, I've already got the Firebee board which is pretty nifty (but not for gaming, more for Atari TOS as a computer, with ethernet etc). But on the other .. a Pandora will do the job pertty well (or RetroPie on a raspberry-pi say.)

I ran a few threads a year or two back .. the only real problem we have with Pandora as a game console is that many/most of the emu ports are Pandora-specific; contrast notaz Picodrive, or Hatari, where you configure inputs (so can work with gamepads etc), versus most emus where they assume Pandora keyboard and controls. As such, we do have Atari ST and SMS/Genesis for example that can run on Pandora TV-out, and use gamepads or usb joysticks etc (such as a classic Atari/Commodore joystick on a USB adapter). Works well. Or a raspberry pi etc of course..

So I keep waffling.. a MiST is awesome kit, and fun to hack on (fpga dev board!) and also has a couple other microciontrollers to play with; its aalso good kit for anyone to have,. But if we already have a Pandora.... we're rather covered, for all these various devices out there, right?

(Ignoring the emulation versus simulation-in-FPGA argument; that argument also leads to 'why don't you just plug your classic machine into the TV and renders this particular discussion moot.)

But damnit if I don't look at the MIST board every single month; I've got some of Lothareks gear, and its well made stuff. They also published the schematic and pcb and all source.. great guys.

jeff

Amiga AGA support is the main thing I want from any device, so many have promised it but so far not seen any that have delivered.

Nice video.

Just a small note that the Atari 800 core is available for the MCCTV. However it has no keyboard support yet... The USB side is a little tricky because the FPGA is connected to the D+/D- lines so the cores need to handle the complexity of USB themselves. Its much more complicated than say a 9 pin joystick.

Hopefully they will do some update to the Amiga core.
I added better usb support (keyboard, hubs, joysticks, 2600daptor,5200daptor) to the mcc216 and mcctv for the Atari800 core. Also there is now an Atari 5200 core.

Oh, nice :) Need to update the video then. Can you let me know where to get the core? And will you give them the code for the USB keyboard so they can add it to the C64 and Amiga core?

Back