Pro Evolution 4 Xbox Bugs...

Huxley

Gamera, King of Monsters
Website
www.animeboredom.co.uk
I know a few people 'round here own the Xbox version of Pro Evo 4 and I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered a strange bug which causes the 2nd-4th players in a multiplayer game to be unavailable? This only happens once I've saved a game and go back to load it afresh - once I've played a match in single player the bug is gone until I save again.

Also, has anyone managed to get a player rating over 7.5 yet? I've scored hat-tricks and still only a 7.5 :blink:

Yeah, I've played the PS2 and Xbox versions and that 'bug' appears in both, but the multiplayer/save bug is an Xbox exclusive :p

I mean, why did they bother messing with the player ratings from Pro Evo 3? OK, maybe it dealt out 8 & 9's too easily but this is just stupid!

The bug happens to me and my mate when we want a two player cup and our team is away first (on the right). No way to get around it other than restarting the cup.

Very annoying.

Still the best game ever though.

Damn :(

Well, at least I'm not the only one experiencing this bug!

Despite the slowdown I think I prefer the PS2 version because of the bug and the controller issue. Of course they're both great games but I think I'll stick to my PS2 for now!

I use a contoller converter. Trust me, I'm a purist.

I 've entered the National PES League and everything.

I've only got the XBOX version as well.

I hate the juttering on the PS2 version.

Is the controller converter good? I heard it was impossible to remap buttons so that "run quite fast" is R2.

It's the same except you cant swap L1 and L2. So, if you have everything else the same, you must have L2 as change man.

It's fine after about 3 games, at least it was for me.

I use a contoller converter. Trust me, I'm a purist.

I 've entered the National PES League and everything.

I've only got the XBOX version as well.

I just find that one bug so annoying - we always play 2 player co-op so it's a very important part of the game for me.

So how's the league going? Won lots of matches yet? I got an invite to the league when I was playing PES3 but I couldn't be arsed travelling to Liverpool :p

PS - I rule that fantasy football league...just :D

Last edited by a moderator:
2 player co-op is a huge part of the game for me also - have you noticed they screwed that up as well in PES 4? Have you tried passing it to your mate? It auto passes it to yourself now. So crap.

PES National League hasnt started yet, my first matchday is in early feb some time. Yeah, I cant believe they dont have one in Manchester like. Lucky the Liverpool league is right on my doorstep.

I havent been paying full attention to the fantasy league, just checked now, seemed I've slipped from grace, I'll put some thought into it now and get back up there. Watch out.

I'll have a game on XBOX Live if you want, if you have it, just wait until the patch comes out. Lag is a killer.

I hate how they didn't include a network game option, so it cant be used on Xbconnect.

I dont like Xbox live.

Its also shit how they didn't add a multiplayer option to the PC version.

Seems like they managed to butcher every single version of this game in some way - bugs, slowdown, options missing...all could have been fixed with a little more TLC.

2 player co-op is a huge part of the game for me also - have you noticed they screwed that up as well in PES 4? Have you tried passing it to your mate? It auto passes it to yourself now. So crap.

Actually, now you mention this, I think this is another Xbox 'exlusive'. It happens every so often on the PS2 version (normally when both players have pressed change man at the same time) but much more frequently on the Xbox (and with no promting from either player). It will just force you to pass to yourself several times in a row! Dumb.

I think Pro Evo 4 was rushed. The slowdown on the PS2 version when the action builds up or when taking corners is very noticeable and shocking. I've only occasionally played the Xbox version, although I've never been a great fan of the pad.

The best versions for me are Pro Evo 3 on PS2 and Winning Eleven 6 FE on Gamecube. The Gamecube Controller owns all the competition when it comes to playing Pro Evo. The Yellow C-Stick is so good at manual cutback passes/crosses into the box from the byline and its a shame that on the PS2 its so annoyingly fiddlely.

The slowdown is annoying at first but you soon get used to it. IMO it's a less critical flaw than the bugs in the Xbox version. Perhaps the PC version is the least flawed but I'm not a big PC gamer so it wasn't really an option for me.

Also, has anyone noticed that it's crap hard to get above a 7.5 player rating in Pro Evo 4?

Back