Mayfair

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
I've got the chance to look after a (tiny!) flat in Mayfair, does anyone live in London on the forum who can give me advice on the area and if I might enjoy it?

Amazingly I can not find much online at all about what it's like to actually live there.

I'm not sure it being one of the most expensive streets on the Monopoly board means much these days! Looking at the UK crime map website it looks horrible!

Craig, how'd you know that I had referenced it from Monoloply in my head?

mayfair-mug.jpg

I had a look in your brain.

I'm not sure it being one of the most expensive streets on the Monopoly board means much these days! Looking at the UK crime map website it looks horrible!

I would dare say that looking anywhere in London would look terrible.

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with that part of the city, sorry.

I've been to Mayfair a few times, got some friends that live there .. its a comfortable enough place to be, a bit upscale. I don't think you'd have a hard time enjoying yourself in the neighborhood, but I found it expensive .. well, all of London is pretty much totally expensive, but yeah ..

dunno about the crime status, but as everywhere in london it will be full of southern softies poncing around drinking expensive pints of coffee/the latest drink that is being plugged on tv and you wont be able to get gravy on your chips.

dunno about the crime status, but as everywhere in london it will be full of southern softies poncing around drinking expensive pints of coffee/the latest drink that is being plugged on tv and you wont be able to get gravy on your chips.
:lol:

Are boardwalks meaningless in England or something?
i'm sure english monopoly is based off old england "fancy" areas like the american version is

...but I'm sure much like the american version, you would probally get mugged or shot now-a-days on most of the higher profile spots on the board in real life

Well, dunno about England, but our Monopoly just features streets in Atlantic City. One town.

Growing up in Australia and having the English version as the default (along with I assume... all the other commonwealth countries) I was very dissappointed to learn that the English version wasn't the original. Advance token to St. Charles Place? Like what the hell?

But one of those chance cards finally made sense:

Take a walk on the Boardwalk – advance token to Mayfair?

Take a walk on the Boardwalk – advance token to Boardwalk!

Mayfair's a pretty upmarket area. I mean, you're in spitting distance of the old McLaren F1 showroom there, and within a stones throw of the Ritz, the Grosvenor, Knightsbridge, even bloomin' Buckingham Palace. Probably quite a lot of pickpocketers, what with the amount of tourists and overly merry rich folk coming out of the hotels and eateries, but I'd have thought otherwise it's quite safe.

Dunno what there is to do there in terms of normal person things though. I've only ever gone through there on the bus, never stopped ;)

Back